Christmas Tree on not to Tree

by lv4fer 27 Replies latest jw friends

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Currently I am unofficially DA. Everyone will talk to me if I run into them but they don't try to get in contact with me or see me. I live in a rural area on one of the main roads so they will see my house. I think I might want to put up a Christmas Tree, my kids have never had Christmas (17 & 14) they are excited about the whole thing. We are going to my sisters for Christmas in LasVegas. I really don't need a tree but I thought it would just get us in the spirit of things (I grew up with Xmas I was not a witness) I was wondering do you think if they saw the tree through the window they would DF us.

• mouthy
    mouthy

As long as you are not attending meetings they wont! One of Daughters was a JW- Was not DF or DA- the Jws know her-speak to her ( she hasnt been in years) but her house is really out of this world, lights two Christmas trees, Santa on the Porch....As long as you dont go to the Kingdom Hell your will be all right -me thinks

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

We put up a tree, it was seen through the window, they confronted us and said renounce XMas and we'll forget all about it, otherwise you have DA'd yourselves.

We didn't renounce. Xmas that is.

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Oh I'd go ahead and get a tree anyway, even though you are not going to be in town. Let your kids have the fun of decorating the tree, since they have never done this before. If the JW's never come by anyway, what's the problem? You haven't noticed them outside your house spying on you or anything like that, have you?

Cynthia

• Mulan
    Mulan

Princess has had a tree in her front window for the last few years. They have not been df'd or da'd, but we know everyone knows. Gossip is spreading. One of our friend's mothers told him about it. She is a friend of my brother in law and his wife, who live on an island two circuits away. How did they find out? So, we know everyone knows.

Unless their policy has changed, they never disfellowshipped for celebrating Christmas in the past. But, as I said, the policy could have changed. We knew a family who faded out, celebrated all the holidays, in full view, blatantly in everyone's faces. When one of their sons was killed in an accident, they had a clergyman officiate at his funeral. Only THEN they were disfellowshipped.

• RN
    RN

The first year I put up a tree, it had been at least a year since anyone had been by for a "visit". As I wound Xmas lights around the porch banister I had the thought that "no one's been by in a year or so, now they'll probably show up." And you know what, they did about 2 weeks later. Lights along the porch banister and the tree in clear view when the front door opened. They commented on it to my husband but then told him that we couldn't be disfellowshipped for celebrating Xmas. That was in 1997.

RN

• Mulan
    Mulan

There was a sister in our KH who continued to celebrate birthdays too, and they left her alone, but everyone knew.

One couple we know were visited by elders at Christmas time, and saw their tree. They asked if they wanted to DA themselves, and they said they did, and signed a paper the elders brought with them. I suspect they can't disfellowship for celebrating Christmas but may try to push the DA thing.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

CHRISTMAS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

• Francois
    Francois

Absent extenuating circumstances, I say either be a JW or DON'T.

If you're not JW, whose business is it if you have FIVE Christmas Trees, 45,000 lights and so much other shit the local tv news does a story on you every year?

Frankly I'd rather have a local reporter at my door attempting to drum up a little Xmas cheer than every JW on the whole fecund planet.

francois

• Valis
    Valis

Another idea is a living Christmas tree...that way you are good to the environment and have a live tee to remind you of that particular Christmas...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Feliz Navidad" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit