Would the WT society disfellowship Jesus?

by ELON14 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ELON14
    ELON14

About three weeks before I handed in my letter of disassociation (two months ago) two elders from my congregation came to my door,for the first time since my son's death (which happened 8 months earlier).I knew it wasn't a special love for me or my family that suddenly motivated them to come.For few weeks prior to that visit I was sharing the new truth about the 'truth' that I was discovering with any listening ear. Now it was obvious to me that these two elders had been sent by the body of elders to hear it themselves so it can be used against me...and hear they did.

The 'poor' elders had to stand there (they refused to come in) and listen to it all.

At one stage I was discussing with them the unjust way the WT society has been treating publishers for speaking up truth.I asked the elders if they agreed that the society has been wrong many times on many of it's teachings and it maybe wrong about some of its present teachings?

"Yes of course" they replied.

" Now" I continued "let say that Jesus was here today in the organization, kind of under cover, no one knew it was him, just a brother in the congregation. What would you say Jesus would do with any of the society's teachings or actions he knew was wrong? Wouldn't he do what he did in the first century, talk about , highlight and share the truth about anything he knew was wrong?"

"Yes ,he would" they agreed.

"Now, what would you do to him if you didn't know it was Jesus? You would intimidate him to keep quiet and if he continued to speak and share the truth ,as he would have, you would disfellowship him, wouldn't you?" I repeated,"wouldn't you"?

It was painful to admit it,but they did. In fact one of them said " I suppose we would" while laughing at the realization that they would indeed disfellowship Jesus himself.

"What does it tell you?" I asked,and left it at that.

Two weeks later the CO sent two elders from another city , 5 hours drive from my home, to visit me. One of them was the district convention overseer.To this day I don't know why they were the ones sent and why from so far. And while they treated me with kindness, they warned me that if I continued to share what I knew, which they agreed cannot be disputed , I would be disfellowshiped. I used the same reasoning about Jesus and they too had to admit it that Jesus would be disfellowshiped if he was in the congregation today.

It is obvious that Jesus would have been treated by the WT society today as he was treated by the Jewish religious leaders in his time.

In fact, it is easy to see the similarities between the WTS leaders today and the religious leaders in the first century.The feeling of self importance,the love for power,control and reaches, the so many man-made rules and especially the mistreatment of those who are already afflicted.

It is also easy to see the similarities between the WTS leaders and the religious leaders during the time of the inquisition.

The 'only we understand the bible. No one else can.If you try to have your own understanding and share it with others, you will be persecuted and executed ( disfellowshiped). Really, is there any difference between the so many lovers of truth who were executed back then, only because they read the bible for themselves and shared the truth they found there with others, and the so many lovers of truth today who get persecuted and disfellowshiped for exactly the same reason?

To me the saddest thing is to see the similarities between the WT organization and the Nazi party before and during the second world war:

The hunger for power and control.

The unjust persecution and execution (disfellowshiping) of anyone speaking against the party(org).

The use of fear for control.

The attitude that ' we are a better race, the rest are scam'.

'We deserve to live ,the rest deserve to die and will soon'

The pressure to conform.

The use of propaganda to mislead.

The uncompassionate ,judgmental ,intolerant and often inhuman spirit.

The attempts to cover up crimes committed by the party(org)

The Party(org) is being like a cold and heartless machine.

Can true Christianity (even though imperfect) be guilty of all the above?

To claim that the WT organization is Jehovah's organization , that Jesus is its head and that it is directed by the holy spirit is nothing less than a blasphemy.

Really, a religion that would persecute , excommunicate and label an apostate the one it claims to glorify and follow closely as its only exemplar is a religion that is in a very sad and poor condition.

Edited by - ELON14 on 6 October 2002 16:8:28

• qwerty
    qwerty

Now" I continued "let say that Jesus was here today in the organization, kind of under cover, no one knew it was him, just a brother in the congregation. What would you say Jesus would do with any of the society's teachings or actions he knew was wrong? Wouldn't he do what he did in the first century, talk about , highlight and share the truth about anything he knew was wrong?"

Excellant post, I will have to try that reasoning my self.

Qwerty

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

thanks for the post Elon.

Please use bigger fonts Thanks

Dismembered

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Yes, in the context of your setting. But then again would he not whip the hell out of them like he did in the 1st century were they made the house of God a den of robbers? Interestingly, the last time he whip the hell out of them, he was put to death three days later! Is there a message somewhere in this scenario?

Does not the scriptures say, 'Judgment begins with the house of God?'

Guest 77

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Elon14, very good reasoning. I have thought that myself and expressed it privately to some. Recent Watchtowers have had comments on the Pharisees and it has been hard not to laugh out loud because it describes the elders and elder bodies exactly. I make a note of it in my weekly WT study article "reviews." This is definitely a keeper, Elon14.

It also helps to illustrate that the problem with the elder bodies is a worldwide problem, not just one in the US or Canada or Australia or the UK or Norway or Denmark or Germany or France and so on. Too many stories on this board prove that every day.

As far as sending 2 brothers from so far away and one the district overseer, district overseers are more direct representatives of the Society and trained better than the local elders to follow the Society's directives. Since your situation was in the news so much, I'm sure the Society doesn't want another lawsuit on its hands.

Blondie

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Elon,

Good reasoning!

You have made quiet a journey in your life. Your have a variety of experience and intelligence that combine here in an excellent post. It is good to have you here.

Jst2laws

• minimus
    minimus

They'd help nail him on the cross, too.

• teejay
    teejay
    " Now" I continued "let say that Jesus was here today in the organization, kind
    of under cover, no one knew it was him, just a brother in the congregation.
    What would you say Jesus would do with any of the society's teachings or
    actions he knew was wrong? Wouldn't he do what he did in the first century,
    talk about , highlight and share the truth about anything he knew was wrong?"

"Yes ,he would" they agreed.

You would intimidate him to keep quiet and if he continued to speak and
    share the truth ,as he would have, you would disfellowship him

... Jesus would have been treated by the WT society today as he was treated by
    the Jewish religious leaders in his time. In fact, it is easy to see the similarities
    between the WTS leaders today and the religious leaders in the first century...
    the so many man-made rules

ELON14,

Wow. I never thought of it quite from that angle. I'll have to remember this.

Great post.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Haven't they already Disfellowshipped Jesus ??? Jjirzo. Just by their actions and "fruits" alone they show they have not taken to heart Jesus teachings of kindness. Or feeding the poor just to name a few.

Besides as you pointed out they certainly would not listen today if Jesus was standing before them talking to them. They would call him an apostate for daring to debate "WTS" teachings.

Xandria

• rocky220
    rocky220

The WT already fired Jesus and took his "place",

shame they are botching the job though..rocky220

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit