JW Molesters In The News

by silentlambs 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Agent says Longo confessed

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news/103364615383280.xml

MATT SABO

-- An FBI agent testified Wednesday that Christian Michael Longo confessed to killing his wife and three young children, although Longo wouldn't say how.

Special Agent Daniel C. Clegg said during a pre-trial hearing in Lincoln County Circuit Court that Longo confessed on a Jan. 14 flight to after being arrested in a Mexican beach town.

Clegg said during the flight he told Longo his theory: Longo's wife, MaryJane, caught him molesting one of his children and she was injured in the ensuing fight.

"And then you killed them," Clegg said he told Longo.

After a pause, Clegg said, Longo responded: "The scenario that you just told me could not be further from the truth."

Clegg said he asked Longo why. "He told me, 'I sent them to a better place.' "

That prompted soft sobbing from Penny Dupuie, MaryJane's sister, watching in the courtroom.

On Tuesday, Presiding Judge Robert J. Huckleberry entered a plea of not guilty for Longo, 28, who declined to plea. Longo faces seven counts of aggravated murder -- and the death penalty if convicted -- for allegedly killing his wife, MaryJane, 34, and their three small children: Zachery, 4, Sadie, 3, and Madison, 2.

Longo's court-appointed attorney, Ken Hadley, is attempting have Longo's comments to Clegg and other statements he made to investigators thrown out. Hadley argues that Clegg did not properly administer Longo his Miranda rights after his arrest in and that Clegg did not tell Longo he had a right to contact the U.S. Consular's Office in .

Hadley argues that contacting the U.S. Consular would have led Longo to an attorney and he wouldn't have made incriminating statements.

Longo, wearing a light brown three-piece suit, remained composed throughout most of the hearing, even smiling at Clegg at the conclusion of a morning recess.

But in the afternoon, Longo struggled to control his emotions as Ralph Turre, a Lincoln County Sheriff's investigator, described talking to Longo about the killings.

Turre said he tried to get Longo to tell him whether he killed MaryJane first or 2-year-old Madison:

" 'Did you go to first?' " Turre said he asked.

" 'No.' " Longo answered.

Turre said he then asked Longo why he chose MaryJane first.

" 'I know you're not going to like it, but I'm going to wait,' " Longo replied. Longo said he wanted to talk to someone first, Turre said.

Turre also testified about what he thought Longo meant in saying that he sent his family "to a better place."

Longo was raised as a Jehovah's Witness but had been disfellowshipped in after he ran afoul of the law.

During an interview with Longo in a Houston FBI office Jan. 14, Turre said that Roy Brown, an Oregon State Police investigator, told Longo that normally men who kill their families kill themselves.

Then Brown asked Longo why he didn't kill himself.

"There was a long pause," Turre said, "and I interjected, 'The reason you didn't do that is because you're not right with Jehovah yet.' He said, 'That's right.' "

More hearings on various pre-trial motions will continue Oct. 18. On Dec. 10 and 11, Huckleberry will hear arguments from Hadley and prosecutors on Hadley's request to move the trial out of due to heavy media publicity.

Longo's trial is set for Feb. 3. Matt Sabo: 541-754-5622; [email protected]

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Where's my barf bag?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

ages 2, 3 and 4.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped
    Then Brown asked Longo why he didn't kill himself.

"There was a long pause," Turre said, "and I interjected, 'The reason you didn't do that is because you're not right with Jehovah yet.' He said, 'That's right.' "

This is sickening.

Does ANYONE have Watchtower Quotes that show the Watchtower's Teaching about if you die before Armageddon you will be resurrected, but if you are alive at Armageddon, and you aren't going to all the Meetings and doing Field Service you will be destroyed by God (I think that this has contributed to A LOT of suicides and mental problems in the JW's).

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I hope the FBI does some real serious investigation of the WT they are a dangereous religion!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

D wilshire, while having no wish to start a discussion on this topic with you, I would like to point to the hundreds and thousands who have been killed by mentally ill Catholics and Protestants and Pentecostalists and Moslems etc., who gave similar reasons, that they wanted their victims to go ahead of them to a better place, to Heavne, to God, to Nirvana, to who knows where. Investigating a religion because of a few mentally ill people is not the way to go. One killed is one too many, and one person "made mentally ill by his religion" is also one too many, but your way of reasoning here would lead to all religious systems being banned.

And that perhaps is a bit too far to go?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

<P>Old hippie,</P>
    <P> ; ; ; It's not just a few victims, and it's not about just one issue either. The deceptive tactics and corrupt leadership of the watchtower organization has caused immeasurable harm. Let's just name a few issues.</P>
    <P>Forbidding blood transfusions and organ transplants, and earlier, vaccinations.</P>
    <P>The United Nations deception</P>
    <P>False prophecies that promted so many to sell all they owned to pioneer for the "short time remaining, </P>
    <P>Forbidding College education</P>
    <P>Forbidding military service and voting</P>
    <P>The shunning issue that has broken so many families</P>
    <P>The pedophile issue that they have tried to cover up</P>
    <P>That's just a few issues that have caused untold damage. Jst ; how much damage can an organization do and get away with it??? ; That organization needs to be investigated by the authorities with a fine tooth comb. Their books need to be audited...the books of every single corporation they hide behind. The shareholders' names need to be made public for the jws to see who is in control. </P>
    <P>'nuff said for now. I'm going to get some coffee.</P>
    <P>cb</P>

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Oops!! Sorry about the html stuff. Apparently, I had entered my password wrong, so I coppied the text, hit the back button, and pasted it it. I didn't realize the html stuff would stay. I'll know the next time. See what happens when I try to post before having coffee?? Sheesh!

cb

• metatron
    metatron

Let's look at other religions and rate the danger compared to Witnesses.

First, most religious people I know MAKE SOME ALLOWANCE for nice folks of other faiths
    to achieve salvation - not the judgemental harsh view of Witnesses.

Second, most religious people I know DO NOT ENDLESSLY EMPHASIZE that others are doomed.
    EVEN FUNDAMENTAL BORN AGAINS often 'tone down' - like some local guys I knew
    who said (of people 'living together') "We can't tell them they're all going to
    hell, can we?"

It is this harsh, cruel, judgemental attitude of Witnesses that sets them apart
    and endangers all who associate with the organization - encouraging depression,
    suicide, the breakup of families, and yes, even murder.

metatron

• footprints
    footprints

TheOldHippie said:

"but your way of reasoning here would lead to all religious systems being banned. And that perhaps is a bit too far to go?"

I would like to point out, that what you say, "is a bit to far to go" is exactly what Jesus, said to do.

He freed the Jews form their religious system and made provision for us to stay free from that time on......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit