A BIG THANK YOU to the board

by TTBoy 10 Replies latest forum announcements

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

I just wanted to THANK YOU ALL (esp. the WT quotes and news paper links) so I can prepare an effective and accurate argument to provide my uncle in NC.

My sister is going to visit him this Wednesday and I should have around 25 pages, for a start, to show him valid points and media coverage. Thank you sooooo much in helping me realize I was lied to for 20 years. My guilt is being lifted every day. Guilt for leaving an organization that I thought was the "truth" amd for helping me come to terms that life is so much different and fulfilling than the one the WT can provide.

Thank you all so much. Your research has proven to be invaluable to me.

TT

• els
    els

TT, I am just at the point of getting to know everyone on the board. You said you were in for 20 years but you look young. Were you raised as a witness? What sort of topics are you going to present to your father? Just things about the child molestation or other things? I am thinking about doing something similar with my mother and father. I was going to keep my mouth shut because they are elderly and it's their whole life but things that have happened lately have made me really mad. I guess I'm feeling the need to punch a few holes in their beliefs. Maybe I can wake up someone in the family. els

• ballistic
    ballistic

TT Boy!!! You're not getting high posting here again are you, I mean I wouldn't want you to start posing as a CAR again!!! LOL

But I will say this: I am absolutely in agreement with you, I am eternaly grateful to Simon for this site, and have much to be thankful for here. And as for all the crap that goes down, I don't give a toss about that.

I'm on a hyper right now posting here, I don't know about you.

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

I'm 30 yrs old. The pick was from around 6 years ago.

My grandparents are 88 so I can't give them this info. I told my parents I was going to the march and they called my PO uncle in NC. I'm preparing a packet of info for him since he started to read the JW child abuse policy ver-batem to me when he called me.

If you decide to do the same as me make sure you have "fallen away" because according to the WT.org former members can't be shunned but DF & DA ones can. I was worried about upsetting my family but now that they know I went to the march I'm going to defend my possition.
    TT

Sry Els I guess I didn't answer your question - yes I was born and raised JW. I'm showing my uncle the Toronto CP Sept 22 news article, UnDisfellowshipped's 4 scenerios on what happens when a child is abused , also I think it's Hakhaw's ( I scratched out the name and I forget) 8 step acount under "NEW Barbra Anderson story", the Sunday Herald article, the 3 page news 9 one from "down under", also the JW.org how "former members" aren't shunned, Meriam Websters defination of defection and apostacy, also a copy of the November '99 KM that I added a lot of personal comments to.

Edited by - TTBoy on 1 October 2002 15:49:16

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

good luck, keep us posted how you make out with your uncle!

• Rogue_Protecter
    Rogue_Protecter

Hi TT....am originally from NC......what part ya from? If ya dont wanna make that public email me...

• els
    els

TT, Good luck with your uncle. Let us know how it goes.
    As far as my family goes, I faded away a long time ago,but I don't know where I stand right now. When my son went to basic training for the army this summer I kind of had to tell them, it was going to come up at some point. "Where is Sean, what is he doing this summer?" So I wrote a letter and told them about it and that I was proud of him and that I supported him and while I was at it I threw in that I had no intention of being a witness again. My mother wrote back that she was sorry about my decision and that they should have stopped seeing us when we first stopped going to meetings years ago. I haven't heard from them since.
    I did however get a visit from two witnesses that I assume were elders and I told them basically the same thing. They asked if I had considered writing a letter of disassociation and I told them I was deciding whether that was necessary or not. Before they left they extended an invitation to come back to the meetings and I told them not to hold their breath. That's the last contact I've had but I wonder if they are going to try to DA me without a letter. I've heard that has happened lately. Have you?
    els

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

I'm from Cleveland, OH uncle is in Raleigh, NC.

You can only DA yourself or THEY can DF you but according to the JW.org (under "media" than "shun" search) "former members" are not shunned. So if it's been years since you've been to a meeting you are not a JW therefore their rules don't apply to you. Don't play by their games - DA and DF no longer apply to you. Never DA yourself because that shows them you still think that the JW religion is still a part of your life.

The best defense is a good offense

TT

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Rogue, I went to the Millbrook congragation. What part of NC did you live in?

TT, is you uncles last name Dale?

Edited by - Lilacs on 1 October 2002 23:20:28

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

well here it goes..not like I can get DFd for this.

My uncle is Frank Humenik from Raleigh, NC he substituted CO for awile so if you're from that area you should know the name.

His daughter Carrie married a David Knoll - they have 2 daughters and a son - all young and live in the area as well. I don't know the congrations. Frank's son David and his wife work at Bethel (NY) and I was thinking of making a sign saying "HI" to them when I went to the march

TT

Edited by - TTBoy on 2 October 2002 1:9:7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit