Any other martial artist online

by kenpodragon 31 Replies latest jw friends

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    black belt in origami.

lmao. that wuz good. i luv u people, you alwayz make me laff till i cry!!

SPAZ

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have been involved in martial arts since 89, before I left the organization. Witnesses have no idea what it is about, and wish they would seek to understand something before talking against it.

I have black belts in 3 arts, and will be receiving another in Kung Fu San Soo.

Kenpo, have you seen or participated at all with San Soo? I used to not care for Kung Fu, but this art is the most awesome I have ever seen.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Used to take Choy Lee Fut. I know just a little bit of the 3 internals (Tai Chi, Ba Kau, and Hsing I )

Good stuff, takes alot of Practice and work. Makes Karate look pretty choppy.....

Edited by - crazy151drinker on 30 September 2002 14:54:13

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I hold a red belt in TKD (World TKD federation). I've had some training in Juijitsu, GRAPPLE, and PPCT (which is also some good sh*t). I would like to find out more about the Israeli close quarter combat art form too.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Shaolin Kungfu: I study under Sifu Wong Kiew Kit. Master Kit is the fourth generation successor from the famous Shaolin Monastery of China, and a grandmaster of Shaolin Kungfu and Chi Kung.

THI CHI is a form of Chi Kung: Here is what my Sifu (Master) says regarding Chi Kung:

Many readers have asked me about the famous Shaolin Eighteen Lohan Hands. They were taught by the great Bodhidharma in 527 BCE to monks at the Shaolin Monastery in China when this First Patriarch of the Shaolin arts found the monks weak and often sleepy during meditaion, which is the essental path towards enlightenment.

The Shaolin Eighteen Lohan Hands are fundamental chi kung exercises that can bring tremendous benefits if they are practised as chi kung. Over the years, I have successfully used selections from the Eighteen Lohan Hands to help many people overcome illness, including so-called incurable diseases.

But if they are practised as physical exercise, which is often the case nowadays, naturally the practitioner will only get the benefits of physical exercise. The crucial difference between chi kung exercise and physical exercise lies not in the outward form (which can be the same for both types of exercise), but in the internal dimensions of energy and mind. If one does not know what these internal dimensions are, it is unlikely that he (or she) has practised chi kung, although he may have performed the outward form for years.

At the Shaolin Monastery, these Eighteen Lohan Hands evolved into a kungfu set called Eighteen Lohan Fist, which forms the prototype of Shaolin Kungfu today. Nevertheless, the Eighteen Lohan Hands continued to be practised as chi kung exercise. Because of its long history, there are many versions of the Eighteen Lohan Hands being taught today.

Edited by - thichi on 30 September 2002 17:23:8

Edited by - thichi on 30 September 2002 17:23:32

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

The Ten Shaolin Laws are non-religious, and transcend all cultures and races, i.e. people of any culture and race would agree that they promote values that are worthy and desirable. Laws, in the Shaolin tradition, are not meant to be punitive or restrictive, but as practical means to help followers achieve set aims and objectives; in this case to help them attain the best possible results in practising Shaolin Kungfu for combat efficiency, joyful living, mind expansion, and spiriitual fulfilment.

There is no legal biding on the Ten Shaolin Laws; one cannot be prosecuted in a law court if he breaks these laws. The binding is moral. But they are not forced upon the follower; the follower accepts them because he chooses to, because he believes they are helpful to him in his physical, emotional, mental and spiritual cultivation. If he breaks the laws, despite sufficient warnings, he may be asked to leave the Shaolin training, not as a punishment, but because the training is not suitable for him.

THE TEN SHAOLIN LAWS

1. Required to respect the master, honour the Moral Way and love fellow disciples as brothers and sisters.

2. Required to train the Shaolin arts diligently, and as a pre-requisite, to be physically and mentally healthy.

3. Required to be filial to parents, be respectful to the elderly, and protective of the young.

4. Required to uphold righteousness, and to be both wise and courageous.

5. Forbidden to be ungrateful and unscrupulous, ignoring the Laws of man and heaven.

6. Forbidden to rape, molest, do evil, steal, rob, abduct or cheat.

7. Forbidden to associate with wicked people; forbidden to do any sorts of wickedness.

8. Forbidden to abuse power, be it official or physical; forbidden to oppress the good and bully the kind.

9. Obliged to be humane, compassionate and spread love, and to realize everlasting peace and happiness for all people.

10. Obliged to be chivalrous and generous, to nurture talents and pass on the Shaolin arts to deserving disciples.

Edited by - thichi on 30 September 2002 17:31:8

• Satanus
    Satanus

Suscarra

I just had a question about your style. Have you ever personally witnessed someone in your style break a iron train track? The site said something about that. Thanks. Ok, gents, carry on.

SS

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I have Witnesses some amazing things like this with my own eyes with the Kenpo Grandmaster I studied under. It is really very amazing. The mind is are most powerful tool, and in some cases weapon.

Take Care

Dragon

• COMF
    COMF

I took Tang Soo Do for a while in the late 80's, and took Aikido as a college course in '93. I'll be continuing my Aikido studies with black belt as my goal, at http://www.internationalaikido.com. I've already been down for an observation visit to a class and decided I liked what I saw, I'm just waiting til after I get my son moved down here in October to begin attending.

I'm 49. I figure I may not be in good enough shape for TSD or TKD (emphasis on the "may"), but Aikido is just what I want. And if I hang in and make good progress, I can move to training with the bokken, jo and tanto in about 10 months. That's what I'm really interested in... use of weapons. Ever since I learned to twirl my drumsticks, I've wanted to take it to the next level.

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Yeah me my fine little friend, I was into it deeply from about 17 to 25. As I look back on it before my head injury it seemed I could do many things others could not, I had no healthy fear of things that I should of, I felt I was indestructible. To some extent back then I was, its like something was just in-front of me just before I attempted a move at something, its hard to explain, I could control my pain or fear.

I wish I could do that now.

Shane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit