Think they caught me - elder at my door

by Lady Lee 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I just knew when the doorbell rang that it had to be the witnesses. But they come here so rarely. The thought ran through my head that they knew about my little trip to the hall last night.

Nope. Well yes it was the witnesses. But they were just doing their thing. The man (who later identified himself as an elder) started his spiel.

well quick debate in my head - "do I or don't I"

Yup the "do I's" win

He says something like "...problems in the world" Perfect cue!!!

"Like pedophiles in the WTS congregations?"

wooheee we're on a roll. and off we go spinning circles around them as they stutter their way through flawed explanations and stupid policies. He started to tell me about the letter they got at the beginning of the year and I let him know I had seen it. And I have the copy of the policy from the web site. He tried to tell me that the WTS didn't have a web site and there was just a lot of people who made their own. I informed the poor deluded man that the WTS indeed DOES have a website and their policy is on it for the world to read.

They like the switch routine but I am a pro at that and when he started talking about how husbands are supposed to love their families I pull out the "abused by husband-elder" card Got them again Ohhh it felt good

Then he switched to rape. Got them again on that one.

He started to talk about DFing and bad associations within the congregation. Got him again - that while shunning is used in the cong the WTS website says they do not shun

I think his wife started getting uncomfortable. She nudged him a few times so say she was cold and wanted to leave. (I really liked that - she was standing there with a fur coat and collor pulled up to her chin and I was standing there in my PJs and a housecoat and she thought SHE was cold)

They said they would come back with the magazine that will be coming out on "Do you apologize" (at least I think that was the title). I let them know it should be coming out soon. They don't have it yet. I had to laugh that we know more than they do.

apostates rule

edited because I can's spell

Edited by - Lady Lee on 28 September 2002 13:34:54

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I LOVE IT !! your sword is now sharper !!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just wish I had my

NO WTS CHILD MOLESTERS

t-shirt on

• sf
    sf

Hey Lee...next time, and there WILL BE a next time...tell them "could you wait here a momet, i left the stove on"...then go put the shirt on.

Yes APOSTATES KICK SERIOUS ASS!

{{{{{{{{HUGS LEE}}}}}}}}}

sKally

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Go LL! that was great you just made my sat morning.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am really disappointed that I don't get more witnesses at the door. No one knows who I am, but I have never had anyone come to the door.

I thought the idea was to go at least every 6 months and hit everyone, if not at home, you went back until someone answered.

What is funny too, is that here at work I see them doing their Saturday morning business territory at least twice a month. Only once in the last 5 years has someone said something. One time though, they came in to use the bathroom, and while the one guy was in the bathroom, 3 others were in my store, and still no one witnessed to me.

:(

Would have enjoyed a little speech and debate.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

LADY LEE,

WOOHOOO Good for you.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Apostates Rule!

Elders Drool!

• blondie
    blondie
    I was standing there in my PJs and a housecoat and she thought SHE was cold

That was a little inconsiderate to make a householder stand at the door in the PJs especially with it being a man. That would endear me to a religion when a man comes unannounced to my door and sees me in my PJs and doesn't even offer to give me time to put something warmer on. So many JWs lack social manners at the door.

• frogit
    frogit

Going on the ministry with a FUR COAT! I hope it was a fake one, around here she would be lynched.

We have just banned fox hunting in the UK, (well hunting mammals with dogs).

frogit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit