Questions From Readers

by ThiChi 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

Is it possible to be totally partial? If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages? Would a fly that loses it wings be called a walk? Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them? If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with their headlights off? If a stealth bomber crashes in a forest, will it make a sound? If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong? If a turtle loses his shell, is it naked or homeless? Why don't sheep shrink when it rains? Should vegetarians eat animal crackers? If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent? Why do people who know the least know it the loudest? If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap? If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation? Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, only to be troubled and insecure? What's another word for synonym? Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do, "practice"? When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs? When you open a bag of cotton balls, is the top one meant to be thrown away? Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all"?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food? Why do they report power outages on TV? What should you do when you see an endangered animal that is eating an endangered plant?

• Englishman
    Englishman
    When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?

I worked as a sign erector when I was just a lad of 16.

A story doing the rounds back then, was about a young apprentice sign writer who had been given the job of putting up huge new plastic lettered sign above the engineering works of Ackles & Pollock in Birmingham, UK.

The boss came out to inspect the 2 foot high lettering, and quailed visibly. "My God", he gasped ""You've made my sign read "Ackles & BOLLOCK!""

Realisation dawned on the young apprentice, and then it really hit him: "Oh no!", he cried, "Someone contact the London Brick Company, quickly!"

Englishman, wondering if anyone will understand that.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

..."too much time on my hands...

English, as I'm laughing, and trying to explain to my coworkers why, no, they didn't get it, but I did, though it took a second.

Edited by - Yerusalyim on 27 September 2002 13:56:10

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

Finally, some REAL questions! Next time a WTS drone wants me to answer a question, I now have a list they must answer first. Can't you just picture them thumbing through the Reasoning book looking for the answers - beads of sweat breaking out, telling you to wait on jah, etc?????????

I wonder what good 'ol JR would come up with?

LOL! but not too loud, I am still at work (and its a beautiful Friday afternoon - gotta go)

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

E-man LOL!!! hehe!

BadJerry, Y, E-man...have a great weekend! Life is good!

• Francois
    Francois

Huh?

I don't get it.

Tell the rube what you mean?

francois

• dmouse
    dmouse

Well Francois, you see, if he put a B instead of a P in the first sign, then the spare P must have gone into the other sign in place of the B. And if you look at the 'London Brick Company' then the only place it could have gone is....oh forget it!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thichi

Hold on, i'm getting out my mad magasine book of snappy answers to snappy questions. I'm sure there are answers to all your questions........

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 27 September 2002 15:11:32

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

SS: I know I can always count on you!

Also, if you can kindly include the "Typical" and "Antitypical" applications, I would be much obliged!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Should have been the London Bick Company and he should have misplaced a D, but then again am a thick headed American.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit