To Current Witnesses

by freedom96 18 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

For Witnesses who are currently going to the meetings, or anyone really for that matter, who may have friends still going I have a question:

What are the active Witnesses saying about the molesting issue that has come quite apparent lately?

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Little if nothing. My mom is a very active JW and I converse with her daily. I specifically ask her this question all the time. There is no talk of it in her congregation and her KH is just a few miles from the congregation in TN where Barbara Anderson attended and was df'd from.

• DeProgram
    DeProgram

Not a whole lot from what I can gather from the x-relatives-I believe any would be shunned if they brought up the subject, Ignorance is bliss as they say.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

From what I heard from sources in the meetings ... not me!!!! They are not saying anything, basically nothing.

• jimbob
    jimbob

I've talked to my mother (who is a diehard JW) about this subject. Even had her watch the CNN clip with Connie Chung. She said she totally believed the two girls. (Surprised me!) And she even admitted there are probably many child molesters in the organization. But she said that Jehovah will take care of the situation. So basically this is what all JW's think. No matter what problem (if there is a problem, God forbid) in the organization, Jehovah will take care of it in his due time. You cannot convince them otherwise. My mother even told me she knew of an elder many years ago when I was a small kid, who molested all his daughters. But still she reasons this way! I do not understand. Why do they always think that no matter what happens, Jehovah will take care of it? OH WAIT!! I ALMOST FORGOT! There is an exception to every rule. WE DON'T WAIT ON JEHOVAH IF OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS ARE INFRINGED UPON. INSTEAD WE GO TO THE SUPREME COURT!!! So basically if the Society itself is in danger of having something happen to it or their rights, they take matters into their own hands instead of waiting on Jehovah like they tell everyone! Yeah....okay.....that makes perfect sense!

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

How long can they really keep this quiet? More and more of this is getting out to the public. The publishers are the front players and will be dealing with the brunt of it.

Devon

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

when the date-line show aired, while I was still semi- active, I had mentioned it to an older sister on how much it bothered me. her response is like a lot of them "those apostates will twist things around".

total denial

• Introspection
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I went to a Book Study Meeting right after DATELINE (about a week after I believe).

One of the Witnesses there made a Comment towards the end of the Meeting about "Apostates".

He said (I don't remember the exact wording):

"That recent 'expose' on DATELINE shows how 'apostates' use the Media. That entire DATELINE 'expose' was ALL LIES."

That upset me beyond imagination.

• Dia
    Dia

"Well, it might happen in some congregations, but NOT HERE. No, definitely not here."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit