JW's in Slovenia: TV program transcript!

by izobcenec 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jwsons
    jwsons

It's wonderful. Good work izobcenec

jwsons

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Great job, Izo!!

I think what you and your friends are doing, even though there are few of you, is making a big statement to the rest of your countrymen about that organization. Keep up the good work.

Hugs,

j2bf

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Loved it!

Thank you so much for sharing it!

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Excellent job at getting the word out on abuse. The WT spokesman "theocratic warfare" encountered a land mine known as the truth. That will become an atomic truth bomb before it is over if they continue to try and lie their way out of this.

silentlambs

• DJ
    DJ

Hi again Izo,

Ok. I got the book and I've been reading it..yuk. Can you please tell me the name of the chapter where the quote is, please? It is 2:00 in the morning here and I am too tired to read this whole book!

Thanks for all of your help!!! DJ

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, thanks izobcenec!

Seems JWs are really getting the media attention they deserve, whatever country they are in

• COMF
    COMF

If the elders are informed about an illegal activity or any other delict or wrongdoing committed by a member of the community, they will not, even if it is instructed by the laws of the Church, announce it to the authorities.
    I believe there is a typographical error in this statement. "the laws of the Church" probably actually says "the laws of the land" or "the laws of the government" in the book. It makes no sense as "Church".
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

This is Great!! Thanks for Posting this Transcript!

DJ said:

Ok. I got the book and I've been reading it..yuk. Can you please tell me the name of the chapter where the quote is, please? It is 2:00 in the morning here and I am too tired to read this whole book!

Thanks for all of your help!!! DJ

Unit 5 is the part with all the information about Disfellowshipping and Sins and Punishment.

Some very interesting reading in that Unit.

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

I believe there is a typographical error in this statement. "the laws of the Church" probably actually says "the laws of the land" or "the laws of the government" in the book. It makes no sense as "Church".

ok...here is a scan of that quote...in slovenian language...

that was translated into:
    If the elders are informed about an illegal activity or any other delict or wrongdoing committed by a member of the community, they will not, even if it is instructed by the laws of the Church, announce it to the authorities. more direct translation of that quote would be:

If the elders are informed about an illegal activity or any other delict or wrongdoing committed by a member of the community, they will not, even if the church laws (and that is the case in many countries) require, that the elders announce it to the authorites, do that....but the meaning remains the same

SO, the journalist tried to check, what is in the 1991 book (in slovenian)...JW spokesman at first (still a little shocked) said, he will show her the manual after the filming (and even said that on TV), but later he changed his mind...so that was a direct lie...the other lie was, when he said, that there were never any rules like that...luckily, the journalist had the manual with her...and that was a real breakthru...he couldn't deny it anymore...and there was yet another lie..."I know none of such cases" (that anybody died for rejecting blood)...I mean WHAT? he is the EDITOR of WT and Awake magazine in our country...he certainly DID KNOW of cases like that (awake 1994)...so we were very lucky with this TV program...WT spokesman was really shocked (because the journalist had the "pay attention" manual with her) and consecutive confused...yes he tried with "theocratic warfare", but the viewers didn't fell for that...it was really quite obvious, that WT spokesman is lying and that just confirmed our statements.

i also checked the 1991 "pay attention"
    on page 137 and 138 it says:

If the elders learn of illegal activity or of some serious
    crime on the part of a member of the congregation, they
    may not be obliged by law to report the offender or the
    offense to secular authorities.
    UNIT 5 (c) - l37

Though it is not the responsibility of the Christian
    congregation to enforce Caesar's laws, yet the very nature
    of some crimes demands that they be reported to secular
    authorities.
    [that is new in 1991 book]

It may be necessary to encourage the wrongdoer to turn
    himself in to secular authorities. Before any steps are
    taken in this regard, contact the branch office. of course,
    review the latest Society directives on such matters before
    proceeding.

Although not enforcers of Caesar's laws, in cases that also
    involve the breaking of God's law, elders must give
    consideration to what has taken place.

Depending on the wrongdoing committed, a judicial
    committee hearing may be needed.

As suggested by the apostle Paul's comments regarding
    Onesimus, a person who was guilty of illegal activities
    before coming to a knowledge of the truth is not required
    to settle these things with the authorities prior to baptism.
    (Philem. 10-18; w78 9/15 pp. 30-1)

A former thief would not be required to make restitution
    to all from whom he stole before baptism, although in
    some cases his conscience may move him to do so. (Luke
    19:8)

The blood of Jesus Christ covers the sins of such new
    ones. They may get baptized. However, it is best to be
    judicious as to extending additional privileges. (Isa. 1:18;
    1 Tim. 2:5, 6; l John 1:7)

If a person approaching baptism is an illegal alien, he
    should be urged to do what he can to rectify his status
    with regard to the law of the land. (w77 3/15 pp. 191-2)

• DJ
    DJ

Thanks Izo!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit