Just received a visit from 2 Elders

by Driving Force 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

The Elders did not stay long and it wasn`t an official visit sanctioned by the BOE/COBE because they were not from my (ex)congregation. We talked a little about my situation and the fact that my wife does not talk to me and how non-scriptural her behavior is.

Then they mentioned the RC and how it was the best convention for the last 20 years. One thing they did mention was the fact that the bOrg was clearly preparing them for persecution. I did not attend the RC, and I will never again attend any, but did anybody else who did attend notice this aspect?

I brought up a controversial subject, that of Child Baptism and disfellowshipping of teenagers. One of the Elders was of the opinion that if a baptized teenager does something and gets themselves disfellowshiped it is their own fault, at this I wanted to kick him in the balls, but I resisted the temptation. The argument from my side that a teenager needs every support they can get did not interest him. Anyway both Elders are completely against children and teenagers getting baptized, which is very positive and one even went as far as saying that if his SIL coerces any of his grandchildren into getting baptized, then he would go ballistic, again something positive. So apparently the latest push on the part of the bOrg leadership to have young ones baptized, doe not appear to be having a positive affect.

I wanted to talk about TOMOs rant on child abuse, but they had to leave.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    both Elders are completely against children and teenagers getting baptized

So they say. But if the biggest bully on the BOE told them to shut up, I bet they would comply. they probably just said that to get on your side.

Forked tonge: On the one hand no child baptism - on the other DF'd kids is their own fault.

Hmmmmmm. Company men methinks!

I wanted to kick him in the balls

You have no idea what I would like to do to each member of the GB. It's along those lines!

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Punk

Company men methinks!

You are probably right on that, but as my fade is new, this is giving me experience in reasoning with them without exposing my apostate attitudes.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Then they mentioned the RC and how it was the best convention for the last 20 years.

Yeah... every single one is always the best.

• punkofnice
  • zeb
    zeb

"preparing them for persecution"

.. a situation perhaps brought on by the wrath of governments over child abuse scandals. Or will they provoke as did Rutherford until they get a sting?

Comments please.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Then they mentioned the RC and how it was the best convention for the last 20 years. One thing they did mention was the fact that the bOrg was clearly preparing them for persecution. [...], but did anybody else who did attend notice this aspect?

Funny they should say that. I remember quite a few times when we were reminded about the persecution that was so close and the Great Tribulation that only as a group were we assured protection but not individually.

I think every single time we studied the Revelation Climax book they went heavy on fear-mongering about the persecution and how we needed to be ready and expect it sooooo soon now.

After all was said and done the only persecution I got was from the elders and the uber-loyal minions.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Why do witnesses say that about the conventions being better than the last.

I know, for a fact, that this years was more shit, than say, 10 years ago. At least 10 years ago it resembled the religion i got baptized it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Them: Then they mentioned the RC and how it was the best convention for the last 20 years.

Me: You think so? I've noticed everyone always says that. Personally, my favorite was the one two years ago. You remember that one, don't you?

Them: Uh, .... yeah. Of course!

Me: No you don't. What was the title of the convention?

Them: Uh, um ... well I can't recall just off the top of my head!

Me: Really? Seriously? You can't remember "God's Word is Truth!"?

Them: Of course, that's it!

Me: I'll bet in two years you won't remember the title of this year's convention either!

• galaxie
    galaxie
    Preparing them for persecution....it's all about mind controlling bias. They know through the medium of internet, social media etc' and the wider reporting and official enquiries into child abuse they are feeling a lot more pressure. What better way to keep the subservient troops on side than convince them they are unjustly under attack and to expect persecution, it all plays into the 'we must stick together come what may' attitude as opposed to ,..why not question/investigate the reasons their organisation attracts criticism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit