PREACHERS WILL GO TO JAIL

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

A nearby congregation announced that due to the Society's winning the case in the Supreme Court concerning door to door work, territories that have not been worked in 2 years, will now be worked. Publishers should no longer contact the local police dept. before they go in the field, No longer should they tell the police where they will be working or what cars they will be driving, including license plates. Now, if you work these "forbidden" territories and the police tell you to desist, you should leave immediately leave and contact an elder, who in turn , will contact the society.Don't you think the society is looking to get people arrested so that they may test out the law?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I think the society is quick to get into bed with whoever gives them what they want

paduan

• minimus
    minimus

please explain these DEEP words.

• Swan
    Swan

Quick to get into bed, yes, but without oral or anal sex!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I guess what gives them the freedom to preach is what allows us the freedom of speech in everyday life. I don't see anything wrong with JW's advancing the interests of free speech. I do find it hypocritical that they don't allow their members those same freedoms. And I think if more knew about the "do not call" list, they would stop challenging these laws and just add their names to the list.

But preachers might go to jail ultimately. Not for preaching the good news of the kingdom but for breaking the law by hiding criminals. It's time for especially elders to start waking up and realizing that they might be heavily fined or spend time in jail for following the Society's policies.

Path

• minimus
    minimus

I think the Society has, for decades, used this tactic, to have their own arrested. Then they can do whatever they want.Freedom and rights is what they're calling this.

• metatron
    metatron

If this really comes from headquarters, I'd start to believe in the theory that
    the GB is all possessed by Satan and TRYING TO SINK THE ORGANIZATION.

They never overcame the objection that a person can enforce a no trespassing sign
    or insist on them being fined if a 'do not call' is violated. This still stands,
    unchallenged.

metatron

• heathen
    heathen

That's the first I've heard that the wt won a case involving the right to do door to door preaching work without liability.It probly boiled down to a bunch of lazy public officials who didn't want to do the paper work .

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

Old tactic. In the book "30 years a WT slave" the author wrote that old Judge Rutherford sent people out just to cause problems so that arrests and mob violence would happen. It had it's uses. The WT does the same today. This time they want their members to draw together when the pedafile issue threatens to pull them apart. It's a ploy to circle the wagons.

• worf
    worf

Thank you Alchemist!

I was going to say the exact same thing about 30 Years A Watchtower Slave. It is the same old tactic. They want to stir up so-called 'persecution' to try and preserve that "us against the world" mind control attitude in the remaining braindead borg drones.

That book was very enlightening as to the real agenda of the borg.

Worf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit