EXCELLENT INTERVIEWS on mp3

by Dogpatch 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

You're going to love these interviews in mp3 format that are now up at:

http://www.randytv.com

"Carl and Barbara Pandelo: A Conspiracy of Silence"

90 minute interview with this amazing couple who survived the sexual abuse in the Watchtower

and

A phone interview with J. R. Brown (44 minutes) where he answers questions by Mike Pence regarding the child abuse policies of the Watchtower

unbelievable

Randy Watters

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• stichione
    stichione

Great job!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks, randy.

SS

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Interesting interview by Mike Pence with JR Brown. Mike makes an excellent reporter with clear and well informed questions and reacts well to JR Brown's evasiveness to keep pressing him in a respectful way to cut to the chase.

Brown goes on and on and round and round with tedious amounts of meaningless bullshit. But he reveals significant details and ultimately confirms the details Barb Anderson had provided Mike. I think this interview combined with Mike Pence's articles really expose the true sickness of the WT with regard to this policy (child molestation) and others.

A stunning ending to the interview when Mike confronts Brown about the Society's current stance on rape and screaming and it certainly seems that they continue to make provision for women to be disciplined if they remain silent.

This guy's work should get him at least a nomination for "apostate of the year" for the clarity with which he has explained and exposed the issues. You can't help but wonder what more they are covering up and what truth there might be to the rumours that a pedophile has been or might still be on the governing body.

Path

• stocwach
    stocwach

What a joke! Brown has to nerve to bring up the ridiculous example if a 15 year old and a 14 year old got together, then it would be unreasonable to withhold privileges in later life, as if this is what the BOE letter had in mind.

• happy man
    happy man

Who is Mike Pence, as fare as I now, brown dont talk to apostates, so what is this, a fake or what?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

No, Mike left out the very beginning of the interview which asked Brown permission to tape it, and it is real. He just called up Brooklyn and asked for him!

Go Brown!

Randy

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Does anyone have a Transcript of thge Interviews?

Also, for Watchtower QUOTES about their RAPE Policy (Requiring women to SCREAM), go to this Thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35408&site=3

• comment
    comment

The J.R. Brown interview included one comment that really stuck out to me. (I'm going to paraphrase what was said.) Asked whether congregation members would be aware when they were working door-to-door with a known molester, Brown said: "Well, congregations are very tight-knit, like families, and everyone would know what a particular person had been reproved or disfellowshipped for in the past, because you know their habits" and so on and so forth.

This was certainly a novel line of reasoning! Whatever happened to the strict sanctity and confidentiality of the judicial committee process?

If you follow Brown's reasoning to a logical conclusion, you might as well just announce right up front what people are disfellowshipped for. After all, everybody knows, right?

I can say that I was usually clueless as to why people were (rarely) reproved or DF'd in my congregation--unless there was a tell-tale sign, such as some young sister looking unexpectedly pregnant and a wedding hastily cooked up!

Anyway, this was just an asinine thing for him to say. Child molestation is conducted in secret! It's not something where everybody would "know the molester's habits." For him to say that represents the same kind of goofy logic as the "two witness" policy.

comment

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

If you want to see a Huge List of Quotes from the COUCH-MASTER himself, BAD, BAD J.R. BROWN, check out this Thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36289&site=3

By the way, I called J.R. Brown the "Couch-Master" because a Watchtower Article earlier this year said Witnesses should NOT be "couching" their words to say one thing, while you really mean another, and even though what you said may be technically correct, it was misleading.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 16 September 2002 23:57:32

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit