Watchtower Has Statute of Limitation on SIN?

by Nanoprobe 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Statement from the Vicki Boer Trial

Lawyer Colin Stevenson argued that Momm and his allies were confusing the spiritual law of the Witnesses, which imposes a three-year statute of limitations on such things as abuse, with the law of the land, which requires immediate reporting.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36530&site=3

What is this? Was anyone aware of this? So if a person sinned (even raped a child) and were not reported within three years -----no Judicial meeting?

Edited by - nanoprobe on 12 September 2002 23:7:19

• Quotes
    Quotes

I'm confused on this too.

Anyone?

• Swan
    Swan

I never knew there was a spiritual statute of limitations. I thought that they said that "God always knows."

• minimus
    minimus

sounds like legal mumbo-jumbo.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'd never heard this either. Does this mean that "waiting on Jehovah" lasts only three years?

Backed into a corner, people will say anything, do anything to get out.

• tdogg
    tdogg

I love how they hide behind the laws of man when convienient, and blast the government that makes those laws at other times.

• julien
    julien

Wish I'd heard of this when I was a horny seventeen year old. How are would it have been to keep stuff secret three years???

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THIS RULE!

Wait, here it is in the upcoming November 1st 2002 Watchtower (this is a joke):

Jehovah God has now made the LIGHT BRIGHTER for the "Faithful and Discreet Slave Class".

Jehovah has told us through Jesus, through the anointed who are in Heaven, through the holy spirit, through the angels, through the....Oh whatever, basically the Governing Body needed to cover their a$$ so they made this NEW LIGHT RULE up, and here it is:

BROTHERS, there is now a 3-Year Statue of Limitations on ALL SINS* (See Footnote).

(Footnote: * Not including the following SINS: Whistle-Blowing, Exposing our Cover-Ups, Exposing our False Prophecies, Exposing our False Bible Translation, Exposing any of our wickedness, saying anything that does not agree with the FDS, and wearing a beard, or showing up at a Wedding when a Disfellowshipped person MIGHT be there).

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I've never heard of any such thing. Is this new?

They did tell my father that since his abuse of me was "so long ago" (despite the fact that he lied about it for 20+ years), that he could remain an elder.

• garybuss
    garybuss

So sin is like bread at the bakery counter? Fresh . . . or stale?

I used to search for Watch Tower Publishing Corporation related quotes with references. With all these interviews with Brown and others, newspaper articles, books by current and former members, and TV documentaries, I am overwhelmed with sources.

I have more Society quotes available since 1995 than in all the history before then. The last 2 years have been phenomenal.

The Society's old policy was to ignore all and never reply to a charge or give an interview. It was really, really rare that they reacted to anything. Now they are almost spontaneous. A big change!

Anyone have any ideas why the radical change?

gb

Edited by - garybuss on 13 September 2002 8:8:6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit