why do the jw ?

by heathen 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

They are locked in my congregation, too.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I think it's because the congregations that share the Hall would help themselves to literature from each other and mess up the bookkeeping if the cabinets weren't locked. What I remember is the Duncanville/Red Bird Kingdom Hall (where I had occasion to pioneer for a couple of years) used to lock the door that led back into the literature counter area, which also happened to be where the burglar alarm was. When the door was unlocked (and I was one of the privileged few sisters who had a key), I had about 30 seconds to disarm the alarm before the cops were called. I was able to do it because I was young enough and unself-conscious enough to vault over the counter, which I guess was quite a show for the Wednesday morning group! (No thongs, though, sorry!)

• heathen
    heathen

That's kinda the way I see it .Here they are claiming all publication are available for suggested donations,they supposedly did away with the cost of publication promotions and just left it to peoples conscience but as we see they became even more cost conscience themselves .It seems hypocritical that an organization that claims they trust in jehovah to provide needed funds would then show a tight fisted aproach to their own people.Let's not forget that the love of money is the root to all sorts of injurious things.

• minimus
    minimus

'cause they're suppose to. Besides, they're SO valuable.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

In my congregation we stacked them and stood on them to clean the windows

Edited by - Dismembered on 12 September 2002 13:35:18

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit