JW's in interfaith service

by Osarsif 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Osarsif
    Osarsif

From: http://www1.richmond.com/output.cfm?ID=2161158&CFID=568503&CFTOKEN=77338460

Wednesday, September 11 [...]
    Virginia Holocaust Museum 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., 2000 E. Cary St. Interfaith service for the museum's "new home for tolerance" will mark the dedication for the museum's new Shockoe Bottom home. Some of the scheduled speakers are Lt. Gov. and former Richmond Mayor Timothy M. Kaine, and Jay M. Ipson, a holocaust survivor and chairman and co-founder of the museum. Representatives from the Islamic Center, the Catholic Diocese and Jehovah's Witnesses will also take part. (804) 257-5400 or www.va-holocaust.com.

Edited by - Osarsif on 10 September 2002 13:7:1

• rocky220
    rocky220

what will they think of next? rocky220

• Room 215
    Room 215

Ol' Judge Ratherflawed must be spinning in his grave! Unless I miss my guess, this episode is going to give the local Circuit Overseer an Excedrin headache!

• Dino
    Dino

Thank you for the link.

Dino

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

WOW!

Looks like the bethel boys can do anything they want without fear of being DFed.

• Flip
    Flip
    Interfaith service for the museum's "new home for tolerance Representatives from the Islamic Center, the Catholic Diocese and Jehovah's Witnesses will also take part.

In regards to Jehovahs Witnesses or, I suspect, more accurately, the Watchtower Organizations marketing reps being present, its always been my understanding that expecting the act of TOLERANCE to be internally reciprocal as well as external to the Watchtower Corporation. Perhaps I was mistaken.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here's one of Norm H's classics on this subject:

How Many Dubs Died?

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 10 September 2002 15:51:40

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Room215 :Ol' Judge Ratherflawed must be spinning in his grave!

I've been lied to again. They told me he was 1 a dah hunnit forty four thowsin.

• Room 215
    Room 215

It would seem that another dimension to this episode is the Society, beleaguered by a hailstorm of adverse publicity and desperate for positive p.r. from any quarter, now resorts to this transparent effort to squeeze the last drop out of p.r. value from the imprisonments and deaths of JWs during the Holocaust.

Mention ``Holocaust'' anywhere in the world and the JWs are sure to turn up to rdredge up their ``remember us.... we were there too!''

• out4good3
    out4good3

Mention ``Holocaust'' anywhere in the world and the JWs are sure to turn up to rdredge up their ``remember us.... we were there too!''

Purple Triangle anyone ????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit