Book cover for Kingdom Maladies

by punkofnice 35 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

Like the "give us money" references, that should resonate.

This is going to be great. You have such a good sense of humor and are so creative.

Love it!

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for asking us for feedback. Here's my view:

Sorry, Paul, it would not be the kind of cover a JW would want to open. To a JW, it would look too disrespectful and even lurid.

Unless you are not aiming the contents at JWs to soften them (to quote you), I'd change the cover to something a bit more reassuring regarding your intent.

• smiddy
    smiddy

punk ,How about showing us some of your other cover designs ? , so we can make a comparison .However , i liked the cover , maybe , say in smaller letters under your name "This is how I look after x amount of years in the spiritual paradise " ,just kidding.

steve2 , Die-hard J.W.`s are not going to look at anything that`s critical of their organization , I think punk is aiming it at , fence sitters, those with doubts ,.and those still with a curious mind.

just saying

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2
    Fair enough. Fence sitters could be enticed to look I guess.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks for the feedback folks...too numerous to mention....another sketch of an idea was this....as odd as it seems..the semi colon was suggested to me to represent 'pause' from the cult.....bear in mind this is just a kind of sketch and not a finished product.....

• punkofnice
  • Listener
    Listener
    I love that last one Punkofnice but I'm a bit of the conservative type sometimes. You clearly state what it is about. You may want to capitalize witnesses to Witnesses, unless it's deliberate.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Listener...yes deliberate...l scrapped this one because although it was of an apathy trolley...you can't see it
  • punkofnice
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I don't think the semi colon is clear enough for what you're trying to convey. It reads like 'millions now living SEMICOLON.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit