Toledo OH, Palatine IL, Burbank IL areas????

by Lin 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lin
    Lin

Hi everyone, I was born and raised in Toledo Ohio, Jackman Congregation and also Elmore Congregation, and also lived in Palatine Congregation area in Illinois, as well as attended the Burbank Congregation in Burbank IL. Anyone from that area???? Do you know the Thoman name?????

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi Lin: You're not still in Toledo are you? As you may already know, Bill sent around an email tonight on behalf of a lady in TOLEDO, OHIO, who would like to hitch a ride to the March in NY. If you know of anyone in TOLEDO who could help the lady, would you zap Bill an email? Here's what the lady wrote:

I live in Toledo, OH and would love to be in N.Y. Sept. 27th to support my two girls. But, I have no job right now and I don't think my car would make it. Do you know anyone even close to OH that is going? I'd love to catch a ride with someone. I'll come up with money to take care of myself. I believe God will open a door somewhere so I can share in this very special day. It would be such a blessing to support her in this.

Thanks!
    Grits

Edited by - Grits on 11 September 2002 0:51:0

• Lin
    Lin

Grits, it's so funny 'cause that woman is my Best Friend and Maid of Honor for my upcoming wedding! LOL Yeah, I know about it and I'm hoping someone from the board local to her has room for her to ride along. I moved out of Toledo when I was just a teen, and I live in Dallas now. I hope someone will email me soon, so I can get them in contact with Debbie. I emailed Bill and told him I know her personally and am working on getting a local contact/ride for her. I wasn't aware that he sent it out to lots of people.

• roybatty
    roybatty

You don't happen to know a Mark Tomen from the Addison / Villa Park area do you?

• Lin
    Lin

Would this be the same Mark Thoman who has a sister named Julie, brothers Titus, Timothy, Parents are Robert and Irene? Yep, I'd say I know 'em well. :-) Went to the same hall in Palatine IL, and was stunned the first time we went there to find another Thoman family! So weird! I always kind of a crush on Mark, hehehe. But, he could very well be a distant cousin, so I left that alone. LOL

• roybatty
    roybatty

Interesting. I barely remember him. Geez, I think I last saw Mark about 15 or more years ago. My father owned a company in Villa Park and Mark worked for him. Ah, now that you mention it - Titus, is that Mark's brother? Isn't he a taller guy, glasses and bald? I recall meeting him during one of the conventions and then working with him on a Kingdom Hall project. He was/is a bit of a self-righteous ass. Did you happen to know Dave & Kathy baugh (sp?) or George & Ersula Radenmacher?

Edited by - roybatty on 11 September 2002 12:22:26

• Dino
    Dino

I dont know you Lin, but just about anyone who has served as an elder in the Metroplex knows a Thoman.

I know several Thomans but that is all I will say for now. Around White Rock the woods used to be full of them. Dallas is so huge I can get away with admitting that!

This is no reflection on you at all dear, but they seemed pretty pharisaical.

I want to welcome you to the board and I am so glad that you broke the JW curse!

Dino

• Lin
    Lin

Yeah, Titus and Timothy and David are his brothers. I've met David and his wife a couple times, but they attended somewhere else, so I never got to know them very well. I was close to Mark's sister Julie for some time, used to go hang out with her, etc. Rodenbaucher sounds soooo familiar, but I can't place it. Is that the correct spelling? LOL about the balding hair. Even Mark was almost bald before he got out of high school! LOL Poor guy. Julie got df'd years ago while I was still "in", and have lost contact with her, but sure wish I could find her.

About the Thoman Empire....Yeah, I know all about it. I understand why so many view the name that way. My dad and brothers are as you say, but that's not the word I would use. I don't think the word(s) I would use are allowed on this forum! ;-) My brother Michael makes me sick! My brother Steve is a carbon copy of my dad, who really..................makes me sick. They're all "HARDCORE" JWBOTS!!!!! No offense taken, go right ahead and say it like it is! I do! ;-)

• roybatty
    roybatty

I dont believe I met Tim and David, Titus was enough! He had this chip on his shoulder, walking around the Kingdom Hall construction site with his chest puffed out. Seem like most of the "brothers" on the regional building committee had an attitude problem. Funny thing about Titus is what he does for work. I believe he was a window washer or something.

So what ever happened to Mark & Julie? Oh, did you happen to know Mark Opperman (sp?). He was another buddy of Marks that worked for my father. He was a great guy.

RadenmacherIm not sure if the spelling is right. Him and his wife have to be in their late 70s by now. Nice couple. Use to be rich but go ripped off by another JW. Long story.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Wow Lin I didn't know it was Debbie--my other aunt--sheesh small world. I wonder why she just didn't email us about it. I am glad Bill was able to help out, he emailed me about it today and said it was taken care of within 30min of the email going around.

Dino---so you know the Thoman "empire"? I am a Thoman also. I grew up in the white rock cong and that is where I was df'd too. Which Thoman's do you know??? You probably know my Dad he was an elder there and so was my uncle. My grandfather was the PO there for many many yrs.

It would be amazing if I knew you went I was younger. Did you attend White Rock?? You can email Lin privately and she will forward the message to me. I can't put my email out because of viruses and it is my boyfriends pc he uses it for work alot. I don't mind talking about my family on the board--but if you want to not disclose who you are and who you know out in the open I would definately like to talk to you about it.

Jesika

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit