PROOF at Last: WT. POLLUTES - $50,000.00 fine

by JWrobot 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gerard
  • TTBoy
    TTBoy

I enjoyed the comment about announcing the 30k? or whatever fine at the business portion of the ministry school. My poor 84 year old, JW for life, grandmother was teling me the other day..................."Look at the Catholics, all the trouble they're in. All the money they have."

Well, yes, I was an asshole. I said JWs have milloins fo dollars, it just came out. That was mean I shouldn't confuse her it, just came out. As petty as the fine may be, Jehovah's Organization prides itself as being without spot/or reproach as compared to other "worldly" organizations.

"All in favor of our donations being wasted, raise your hand."

"Opposed?"

May Jehovah bless your generous hearts!

• Gerard
    Gerard

Ok, I found from the NY Department of Environmental Conservation that t he mine in question is a shale mine in the town of SHAWANGUNK, Ulster County, NY. and is in fact owned by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society:

Go to : http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dmn/minres/shale.htm and then click on " View a listing of the shale mines and operators in New York State." The exact address is http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dmn/minres/shale_xls.htm

Do a word search using "Watchtower". It is the fifth before last.

The WT's contact is

914-744-2041DENNIS OSTENDORF

Don't you love where your donated money went? But if raping the Earth for money is approved by God himself....

Gerard

Edited by - Gerard on 11 September 2002 17:2:36

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Gerard, if I'm not mistaken, and I could be because I haven't really checked into this, but I believe that Teryl Resources is a current company. The drilling company that I referred to was Reg Resources Corp. It became Reg Tech around 1992 I believe. I'm only including the relevant parts of these three business wires:

May 29, 1985, Wednesday

BODY:
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia, May 28 /PRN/ -- Reg
    Resources Corp
    . (VSE: RRE) said it has optioned 103 units covering
    6,300 acres adjacent to its Silverknife holdings in northern
    British Columbia from the joint venture of Packard Resources Ltd.
    (VSE: PAD) -- 75 percent -- and International Megaline
    Resources Ltd., 25 percent. This strategic land holding
    lies between the known deposits of Marbaco and Regional Resources:
    140,000 tons grading 10.7 ounces a ton of silver and 8.84 percent
    combined lead/zinc, and 6 million tons grading 11.7 ounces a
    ton of silver and 18 percent combined lead/zinc, respectively.

Copyright 1987 Business Wire, Inc
    March 17, 1987, Tuesday

HEADLINE: REG-RESOURCES; (RRE.V) Reg Resources and BTC Engineering report on
    Rand Cam-Engine

DATELINE: RICHMOND, British Columbia

Reg Resources Corp. can earn a 40 percent interest in Rand Technologies Inc. (a
    private company) which owns 100 percent interest in all rights, title and
    patents to the engine, by spending $200,000 on the development of the working
    model Rand Cam-Engine.

_________________________________________________________________________ October 14, 1992, Wednesday

DATELINE: RICHMOND, British Columbia, Oct. 14

Reg Resources Corp. (NASDAQ: REG RF) (soon to be Reg Technologies Inc.)
    today announced significant developments in the building and launching of
    the Rand Cam/Direct Charge engine. According to a recent report by the Center
    for Research Applications (CIRA), the engine is currently in its optimization
    stage at West Virginia University, Morgantown, Va.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

I'm with you Free. I certainly don't want to give the impression to anyone that I'm implying anything with these wires. I just happened to notice "mining" and remembered seeing mining or drilling in some old wires. It is interesting though. I'll post the wires that I have under the topic Reg Resources, in JW News, in case you want to wade through them.

s--t, editted to add, Gerard, just saw your last post, my post sat on my screen before submitted, got side-tracked by the phone.....OMG, shale huh, how interesting.........

Edited by - deddaisy on 11 September 2002 15:13:38

• JWrobot
    JWrobot

page 1

page2

page3

page4

page5

page6

page7

page8

page9

page10

page11

Avenger - Sorry, I deleted the bad scans, now I can't get back in there. But at least they seem to look better.

Deddaisy - I was "roving about" on the NY State website clicked on Environment then Foil. Wrote 2 letters, and the info was sent to my home.

Edited by - JWrobot on 11 September 2002 23:42:19

• avengers
    avengers

Thanks. They indeed do look a lot better.

I'm looking forward to a scan of the check they gave. What was it? 20.000 bucks?

Anyone want to donate?

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    During the same time Mike became a volunteer member of the Watchtower Education Center Regulatory Services Department at Patterson, New York. He specialized in soil and vegetation analysis of nutrient cycling for a pilot study of New York State's first permits to utilize tertiary treated sewage effluent for agricultural irrigation in a public watershed. This involved using 30,000 gallons daily from the Watchtower Treatment Facility for campus landscape irrigation. The New York City Dept. of Environmental Protection closely scrutinized this project for its beneficial downstream effects, in reducing nutrients in the watershed by vegetative uptake and fixing. During this project, Mike studied water recycling systems in Florida and California to learn the methodology of environmental analysis.

I don't know alot about the shale mines or the area fined, but perhaps these links that I stole from Debbie (after I asked) will shed some light?

Mike, along with the above quote can be found at:

http://www.jakirby.com/cv-mwf.htm

http://www.dufresne-henry.com/engineering/projects/wastewater/watchtower.html

I don't know if that pertains to the mines, it seems that the mines were brought up in this thread from '01:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/post.asp?id=198597&method=reply&site=3

I keep trying to access Skally's links, but this computer is worthless........

• lady 45
    lady 45

gerald, this is the frist time i have seem you message, but i really like the realness you got

going on thank for being real

lady 45

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit