JW Properties - if sold who does the money go to

by KAYTEE 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• little witch
    little witch

The best investment one could make is in Real Estate. The Borg has title to all K.H.'s.

When we hear of the wealth of the WT, listed as '''assets'', it consists mostly of commercial properties, located around the world. It is ''brick and mortar''. And holds its value.

Do you guys see the sudden building programs in the last ten years? I know in my state there are many, many Kingdom Halls that where built. I mean lots! Great investment huh? What a scam!

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I can't believe people still get this wrong. If a Kingdom Hall is sold the profits go to the local congregation or congregations that own it. It's always been that way and it still is. I've seen several sold, including one recently and that's the way it is. You need to stop beating this particular dead horse.

• little witch
    little witch

dear porkchop,

PROVE IT!

Besides, what good is a dead horse to anyone? Beat the S.O. B.!

• jwsons
    jwsons

I think what Ozziepost mention should be "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses" we used to see at the bottom of letters to all congregations and it means all money direct to Brooklyn headquarter, for "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses" is nothing else but Ted Jerrack and J R Brown

jwsons

• Valis
    Valis

For the most part the monies made by an individual congo because of selling property goes to their general building fund, which as you know is how they build new KH's. Any remaining monies, and there usually isn't any, is used to pay bills. This may have changed since i attended but I doubt it. As well, most congos go into debt w/the WTBTS in order to maintain or buy a new hall so in the end, yes they do already own it.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "no more quick builds" class

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

little witch tell you what, why don't you prove that the money goes to headquarters? There are lots of copies of letters flying around why don't you produce one that directs that the money go to Brooklyn?

This is just nonsense. There are plenty of real things to talk about without making things up.

• Flip
    Flip
    There are plenty of real things to talk about without making things up.

Ok Porky, you go first.

• blondie
    blondie

In my experience, when the KH is sold any money still owed to the WTS is taken out of that money and given to the Society. If the KH is already paid off, the money remains under the control of the congregation to be used to build another KH. If a congregation has excess money in their bank account and are not anticipating building or remodeling, the congregation elders are pressured by the CO to send the excess to the WTS, but there is no legal obligation to do so. I have seen elder bodies thumb their nose at this suggestion and get away with it.

• waiting
    waiting

About 5 yrs ago, our *previous* congregation voted to sell & build new cong. They did.

My husband's grandmother had contributed the actual money to build original KH in her will. My husband's parents gave them all their road frontage land to build KH there. My husband & I (mostly the bank) got "the Christian priveledge" to buy it back from local cong. for over quarter of a million dollars 40 years later. His still-living parents got zip for their generosity.

The locals then bought 5 acres of land a mile away, built a very nice KH (affluent to match affluent neighborhood) - and took a loan from the WTBTS to finish costs. Within a year, it was announced that it was paid in full. To the best of my knowledge - all monies stayed at local level.

waiting

• gumby
    gumby

If a property is sold, the Branch Office has the say as to where the proceeds are directed.

They are always directed into the Organisation......so it doden't really matter where it GOES.......the organisation gets it.

Where else could it go? To the various individuals who contributed time and effort? They would all be more than happy to raise their hands in a vote that the proceeds go to the Org. if it were run that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit