witness sites

by freedom96 13 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

On a post by jonathanseagull, he was talking about going onto witness sites, posing as one, and talking to them. I surfed a little on the net, and checking out some of the sites, I noticed that there are bigtime restrictions to get in. They are very critical, better be a witness, etc to even be considered to get in. Some request actual applications that are then reviewed before allowing access. You must give city, congregation, etc. Has anyone had experience with these, and what were the results? Were you able to fib your way in? Ever get kicked out? And lastly, are there any "witness" sites that actually do allow apposing views? I would be suprised, but I thought that I would ask.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

To be honest, I would consider it all a waste of time.

• LB
    LB

I used to go to those sites. They are just too anal for me.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Like kenpodragon said, they are all a waste of time.

They are very critical, better be a witness, etc to even be considered to get in. Some request actual applications that are then reviewed before allowing access. You must give city, congregation, etc

Pretty segregationist, elitist, cliquish and very HYPOCRITICAL of them, isn't it? All of these pro-JW sites that I've seen requires the applicant to be a dub.

And lastly, are there any "witness" sites that actually do allow apposing views? I would be suprised, but I thought that I would ask.

I agree with you that as well. That will be the day when a dub site allows opposing views. Pretty hypocritical of them if you ask me, they preach for freedom of expression and religion, but yet, they don't like their stupid "religion" being questioned.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Thank you for the input everyone. Yes, I do agree that it is a waste of time. However, I do believe knowledge is power, and I am in a unique position. My ex is trying to take our child away from me, using the Society as her reason, being that I am not active anymore. The more knowledge that I can gain from any source, the better. I must be able to keep up to date on changes, viewpoints, etc as this will prove to be most helpful down the road.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I joined one that didn't require the sacrifice of your firstborn to be accepted, but it was so dull that I haven't even looked at it in months. They don't allow any opposing views, and will delete posts that seem at all disloyal to the BOrg. There's only so many posts about the latest publication that one can stomach.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Dear Freedom;

My ex husband who is an elder tried also to take my children away. He tried to use the JW silliness in court of law. They thought he was crazy. You be the sane person in court and it speaks so much louder then anything she is going to say.

My experience is to ask the court for a law guardian who is the lawyer for the child involved. Also bring up the fact that this child will not be exposed to many things because of the restrictions of the borg. I have found in all the cases I have dealt with that the courts really do not like the JW belief. I was given sole custody of all my three children he was given visitation only if I allow it.

Make sure you have a good lawyer. Good Luck keep us posted.

Leslie

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Back when I was trying to be a "good dub" I tried going to those sites, but the questionaire was just too damn long and intrusive, I did go through it all, and never got accepted...fancy that!

So I joined a "whoopee we love Jesus" site.

That didn't last long...

And here I am today--go me!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Has anyone had experience with these, and what were the results?

They are very stimulating intellectually: "what kind of a house would you like to have after Armageddon?", "what is your favorite color?", "do you like green or red Awakes! the best?"

Idiots.

I prefer stimulating repartee, like "favorite pizza toppings?" What's yours?

Farkel

• ISP
    ISP

Yep..witnet was the last decent JW site.....all the remaining ones are pretty much a waste of time.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit