Matthew 23 and the WTS

by Lady Lee 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I saw a post yesterday and thought about this thread. So I'm sending it back to the top for those who might need it and maybe the poster that made me think of it will see it.

And if you have any more thoughts please feel free to add them in

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thx for bringing it back Lee. I hope many more of the 'new generation' will read it.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

23 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Could be changed to:

23 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You go to 5 meetings per week and 10 hours of field service per month. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

-ithinkisee

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

ithinkisee, they even call such activities their "tithe."

AuldSoul

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    they even call such activities their "tithe."

They do???? Hadn't heard that one before.

But since when is the following all of the WTS rules/lifestyle = only 1/10 of a JWs life?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

had to bring this back up

• Chalam
    Chalam

Timeless stuff LL :)

Revelation is awesome, don't you just love the work of the Holy Spirit!

13 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! [14]You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

Through their false teachings and prophesies they have not allowed people to get to know the true message in the scriptures

Indeed :(

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit