Ozzie's Wine of the Month - September

by ozziepost 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

This month's chosen wine is a shiraz enjoyed by Mrs Ozzie and I last Friday with a beautiful meal of veal dishes. Mrs Ozzie had veal shanks and I had veal rolled with bacon in wine sauce.

The Rosemount Diamond Shiraz is a premium wine which has won many awards, including one Gold Cup, 22 Gold Medals and 16 Silver Medals. Truly a well accredited wine. We have enjoyed it in recent times and others have too. I believe Jemimah has been comforted on a stressful evening with a drop of this too. So this wine is available to you Brits as well as us Aussies. Good, eh?

Here are the tasting notes:

Diamond Shiraz

A delicious aroma of warm, spicy liquorice and brambly berry fruit, interwoven with savoury American oak. The palate is richly textured with well defined, ripe blackberry fruit flavours, soft generous tannins on the mid-palate and a long, rich finish.

The wine maker recommends:
    Food Matching :

Try with Lamb, Pasta, Antipasto, Osso Bucco

Check it out at: http://www.rosemountestates.com/wine/varieties/shiraz/diamond_shiraz.html Needless to say, Mrs Ozzie and I recommend it. Why not give it a try this month? Enjoy. Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 2 September 2002 10:16:35

• JEMIMAH
    JEMIMAH

You little beauty Ozzie!

Yes Rosemount is available in the UK, Asda Sainsburys etc

I normally drink the grenache shiraz but will see if I can get a few drops of your choice.

I normally use a wine glass the size of a gold fish bowl, to let the wine breathe (Yeh right.)

Hearty Cheers

Jem

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Mr. Ozzie, I have really enjoyed your post on wine,,,,,,,,,,, I love the stuff, but don't have the knowledge of what to choose from. So I am making a list so that I can try what you so beautifully have described. Anyone who knows me, knows I love details, and I thank you for all the details you give in your post, the aroma is as important as the delight of the pallet. It is still in the morn for me , yet I find myself anxious for the evening to enjoy a new flavor of wine. I hope I can find something close to what you are describing in our little one horse town. Thanks, Dede

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

ozziepost,

Sounds great! But for us poor souls that do not have access to the good lamb and veal you have down under I settle for my own home made spaghetti sauce in some angel hair pasta and a nice glass of Livingston Chablis Blanc (about 7 dollars a gallon) at Sam's. This wine should be served at room temperature of course not chilled. That was my lunch today.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 2 September 2002 13:2:34

• Francois
    Francois

Let me suggest you try Tyrrell's Long Flat Red next opportunity you have and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Frank Tyrrell

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Ozzie that sounds so good I might even try a small glass myself. ummmmmm.

Can you get it at Sam's club?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

LOL @ JosephMalik and plmkrzy "Can you get it at Sam's club?"

You guys are like me, is there anyplace else to shop???

Thanks Ozzie for your suggestions. I'm afraid my hubby still lives on a bethel buget. If it isn't cheap, he doesn't get it.

But I'll keep trying to get some culture in him

Hugs,

j2bf

• Xena
    Xena

Sounds wonderful.....I love wine but am not good at remembering which ones I like I will write this one down and ask about it next time I am in the liquor store, I know even if they don't stock it a lot of times they will order it for you.

My sister used to work for a winery here in Texas called Messina Hoff..lol yes believe it or not we make wine here in Texas too! Very good wine at that! I liked their Johannisberg Riesling. Although I tend to prefer the lighter wines myself, a personal favorite I like to keep around the house is Louis Jadot Pinot Noir. Very good stuff!!!

• LB
    LB

Ever since Ripple's pagan pink was discontinued I've lost my taste for wine.

But I concentrate better.

Edited by - LB on 2 September 2002 15:51:45

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Frank (Francois),

I haven't tried Tyrrell's Long Flat Red but now I will! I know it's sometimes offerred in the restaurants of better class hotels (at a premium, of course!) and it's generally available at bottle shops (liquor stores) here, so I'll go and get meself a bottle. Just for you, old son! I'll let you know.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit