August KM Scans -Now Available!

by Stephanus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

We'll be putting up the August scans of the Kingdom Ministry later today. To do so, I'll be taking down the September scans to make room. If you haven't saved them already, here they are (this will also be the url for the August scans):

http://jsefton.users1.50megs.com/kmscans.htm

I'll announce that the August scans are up on this thread.

We'll also be putting up the November 1999 KM later this week. This was the first real attack on the internet. In the words of Dmouse:

This one was a true classic - the insert (pages 3 to 6) was the first major attack on the use of the Internet. The paranoia is palpable!
    Having read it, I can only say: "Amen!"

Edited by - Stephanus on 1 September 2002 21:15:55

• dmouse
    dmouse

Thanks Stephanus. The August KM is the one about how to treat a disfellowshipped relative.

My Mother-in-law, who has just lost her husband, was hoping to have her grandson come and live with her to keep her company. The complication is is that he is difellowshipped. As the insert was discussed she was obviously upset, because this was three days before he was due to move in and she was torn by her loyalty to the Society and her loyalty to her family. In the end, the elders have told her to go ahead and accept her disfellowshipped grandson into her home, and carry on as if nothing has happened. My family who are still JWs have been told that the insert doesn't apply either to my DFd sister (who doesn't live with us) and we can still talk with her and go to her barbicues. In effect, the elders at my congregation have been instructing the brothers to IGNORE these instructions from the Society!

I see this happening more and more in the UK over various issues. Looks like folks are getting fed up with the Hitlers at the top and are not prepared to give absolute allegiance to the Demigods in Brooklyn.

• Mutz
    Mutz

I have seen no change in my family's attitude toward me since this farticle was studied. I expected at least some kind of outburst from my Mum who was so quick to label me as the antichrist not so long back.
    Maybe this is just a little too inconvenient as it would cause no end of problems within the family. I pre-warned my non jw brother that there might be some kind of shunning happening and his reaction was rather explosive. As you say dmouse, when the old farts in Brooklyn say jump some ppl are starting to suffer from selective deafness.

• nancee park
    nancee park

That's what we also see. The local elders and rank-and-file are ignoring the Watchtower Society's "hint-hint" that JWs need to toughen up on or shun inactive JWs and cold-shoulder disfellowshipped JWs even more.

That's good news. The bad is that Brooklyn may bit by bit have the Circuit Overseers start getting tougher on those elders who do try to be decent and, as you say, practice "selective hearing." But so far so good. My "educated guess" is they will have only sporadic success with their new slap at inactives and DFd's. Their fury is only isolating themselves.

Hear that, Brooklyn? I know you did, and it really is "the Truth."

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Okay folks, here is the announcement: The August Kingdom Ministry is now up, on the same page:

http://jsefton.users1.50megs.com/kmscans.htm

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hey, Steph, well done, old son!

Really good. Nice to keep up with the spiritual food.

Don't think it's good bedtime reading though.....or maybe it is, it could be just what you need to send you to sleep!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Being a morning person, I prefer to read that sort of crap early in the morning, Ozzie. That garbage last thing at night would be the stuff of nightmares!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Steph,

the pages are just the right size now.

Bloody bewdy, mate!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks to Stephanus and Dmouse for doing this!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now perhaps we could arrange our own UnService Meeting, do ya think, Pris?

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit