Local Elders whip the Congregation into a frenzy about donating to the Organization

by James Jack 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Jack
    James Jack

Because of the May Broadcast about how funds are down, our Elders have been in their talks "encouraging" or pressuring everyone to donate more to the World Wide Work.

It FREAKS me out how we already give them a set amount of $600 a month, plus what is contributed by the congregation(usually $400 to $500 a month). Heck, our local congregation bank account even got below $500 for the first time this past May since I have been doing the Accounts(4 years now). For June, we raised a whopping $2400 to send into the Branch.

The most Amazing part, is that only a select few contribute on a regular basis every month. Out of 7 Elders, only 3 contribute every month, and out of the 6 MS's, I have never seen a check from them and those 4 Elders(which I can not wrap my head ahead that also, cash is very rare)!

But June was a game changer. All of a sudden, everyone had a check to put in the contribution box, some foregoing a Summer Vacation to support the WT Org. The Secretary even checked with me weekly to see if funds were coming in. I waiting to see if any of these checks bounce.

• sir82
    sir82
    I wouldn't worry. By September the contributions will be back down to their normal levels, or even lower.
  • Splash
    Splash

A great way of creating resentment in the congregation.

(Good News Bible) "They take advantage of widows and rob them of their homes, and then make a show of saying long prayers. Their punishment will be all the worse!"

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

So why is there the push for money? The simple answer is because the strategy works.

• coalize
    coalize

Contributions by check ?

It looks so : "Look and see, I gave that amount"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

You're just paying for the poor management of the GB and their paedophile protecting suck ups.

They need money to fend of lawsuits which hopefully are going to either ruin them or make them change their weird 2 witness rule.

I heard of a local congo in the UK here that has been begging for money because they are not meeting their 'tithe'. GOOD!

Amazing. The WBT$ takes all the money, then asks where it's gone! Vile, deceptive cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Wouldn't the JWS just shit themselves if they learned that the WTS has millions in the bank and that the WTS. is just trying to gather up more so that they can build a new multi-million dollar HQ in England.

The WTS lies and exploits once again for the deluded naive members.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I would just love to know where it's all going and what it's been used for.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

An interesting fact is that the WTS has never been richer in all its history as a relgoius publishing house.

With the sale of most of its properties in Brooklyn New York, accumulating up to a billion $ US.

The sell off of a dozen of its branches around the world, adding to its gross assets.

Now the WTS says it needs more money from is followers and congregations to supposedly build new Assembly Halls and Kingdom Halls.

The Watchtower Corporation is on a economic financial real estate train of development and investment endeavors.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Personally, I am leaning more & more in the direction that it's not so much that the Org wants the money, it's more a case that it desperately needs it - because of its failed investments via hedge funds etc. after the 2008 crash.

The selling off of Brooklyn HQ & properties after 100 years, coupled with the unprecedented & shocking money grabs from publishers and punitive raiding of congregations bank accounts worldwide, indicates to me that some serious money is owed to serious people.

How could the Org ever tell the sheep that their hard-earned fleece was gambled and lost on the stock market?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit