Who was Jesus?

by Coded Logic 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    Who/what do you think Jesus was? And how did you arrive at that conclusion?
  • galaxie
    galaxie
    To me the jesus 2000 yr old experiment has gone on way too long. Are we seriously saying that what is believed by christians to be the most important aspect of their existence is still open for interpretation? My question would be why? This christ/god character should be trashed as a massively failed experiment with no relevancy to contemporary life.
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

In nutshell, Jesus is the word of God.

God's word is so awesome that it is a projection of himself. His words are alive and are life.

When Jesus 'put on the flesh' [or became man], the fullness of God was content to dwell within him.

Sorry, no scriptural reference points for my nutshell

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Outside of the Bible I see no real evidence for Jesus, as we know him, existing.

I imagine in another 2000 years from now, there will be a church of star trek or they will take the FSM seriously.

I would dearly have liked to believe in the character of Jesus being real...how nice that would be......However, I spent too long in the WBT$ delusion to be fooled again by more pigswill.

There is no proof Jesus existed.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    Jesus was a jew who led an apocalyptic movement. The actual reasons he was condemned are obscure. The fact is that the disciples of his disciples propagated many myths about him, which are written in the Gospels.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Coded Logic6 hours agoWho/what do you think Jesus was? And how did you arrive at that conclusion?
    He's a celebrity that appears on toast and other food stuffs. How awesome is that? The son of god (...or is he god??), proves his existance through the medium of commestibles.
    Here is my evidence....
    Image result for jesus appears on toast
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Forget jesus, who was Bilbo Baggins????

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

While some believe there is no historical reason for believing that Jesus of Nazareth exists, I believe that his historicity is irrelevant to my rejecting him as the promised Messiah that my people, the Jews, have been waiting for.

A good man? Likely? A rabbi who gained a following and someone who might have even performed miracles. Even if he resurrected as Christians believe, the fact that Jesus didn't operate in the open like Moses did, did not want his miracles to be widely known in contrast to the way Moses performed his wonders so that all could see, and that Jesus did not lead his people into the Promised Messianic Age as Moses led his people to the Promised Land are just some of the reasons I don't believe he is the Messiah.

The fact that Biblical scholars from Catholic and Protestant circles are now in agreement that an anti-Jewish polemic tainted much of the New Testament writings with the intent to compete with traditional Judaism for recognition by Rome and legitimacy in the eyes of potential converts is another reason that I keep my stand. This polemic in Christian Scripture has traditionally been interpreted as historical over the past 2000 years to the detriment of the Jews and much of the rest of the world that did not agree with the movement.

Christians now offer apologies for their actions and inactions during the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, the pogroms, and the part they played in the Holocaust revealing a legacy of repeatedly being on the wrong side of history again and again. Today there are many of them that currently persecute and oppose the LGBT community, some demonize women who side with pro-choice political movements, others insult law-abiding Muslims by holding events to draw cartoons of Muhammad, and many go about viewing Jews as blind, lost and in need of proselytizing to the teachings of Jesus lest they end up in Hell for remaining Jews.

I see another 2000 years of apologizing for being on the wrong side of history by Christians the way they are going. Such does not make a Messianic Age nor composes anything hoped by the Jews from antiquity. We did not hope for 2000 years of violent persecution, hatred, bigotry, and genocide but that is what the world got with Jesus.

So again, let Jesus be as real as you me. It matters not what the final truth is on that. Do I believe he was the Messiah? No.

• sir82
    sir82
    The dude wearing a bandana who just cut my grass?
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    Punky - that ain't Jebuz in that there toast, it's Tony Blair!!!! ............He only thinks he's Jebuz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit