An amazing interview by Sam Harris

by The_Doctor10 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

Sam Harris did this interview with Megan Phelps formerly of the infamous Westboro Baptist Church, and I got to say Holy $#!@ the parallels to JW indoctrination/beliefs is actually pretty astonishing.

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/leaving-the-church

Highly recommend everyone listen to this interview, especially if you're on the fence about continuing as a JW or in any other overbearing cult/religion.

• The1975Blues
  • fiddler
    fiddler

Wow! That was excellent. It would be a very good conversation for any JWs to listen to 'cause hey, They think the Westboro Baptist peeps are crazy! (Don't they?....I certainly would have back in my JW self personae.)

thanks for that!

• azor
    azor
    Really 1975blues. So you are defending the Westboro Baptist Church now. Wow!!
  • The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10
    I'm hoping this interview finds its way to as many curious JWs as possible, see if it makes them question themselves.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Almost everything she said resonated very deeply with me. It's amazing the degree of commonality that exists between different cults, even their favorite scriptures all seemed to be the same.
  • The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10
    Same here OneEyedJoe, they're insanely similar, just get JWs to picket with vitriol or get the Westboro to stop picketing and the differences are negligible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit