OK so the GB are shaming Bros who don't "reach out" but would they ever consider this?...

by purrpurr 20 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

I note on here the feedback from the currently ongoing conventions that the GB are heavily trying to guilt and shame any brothers who are not MS or elders. I agree with most posters who reckon this shows just how thin on the ground they are for MS and elders but... My question is

How comes that even though they are so desperate they still will not allow women to fill those roles? I mean how desperate would they have to get???

• coalize
    coalize

a woman?

But you are crazy!!!!!

Who will wash the plates?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Pretty desperate for that to happen, but they will need a constant supply of young bethelite starlets to appear in their WT productions.

Brother shaming isn't that new though, it's been happening forever.

The difference now ( as you mentioned) is their supply of brown-nosers is drying up.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Because Paul said "NO"! That's why! Sheesh, read your Bible. Preferably the grey one.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    The more the wt puts the men down, ..the more they are gonna retaliate.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Paul is somewhat contradictory in his thinking, I thn. I mean, look at Romans 16:1:

"I am introducing to you Phoeʹbe, our sister, who is a minister of the congregation that is in Cenʹchre·ae." (NWT)

The word here for "minister" is the same word used at 1 Tim 3:8 for "ministerial servant."

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    They do allow women to handle nonteaching responsiblties when there are not enough men
  • blondie
    blondie

There was a time when there were not baptized men in some congregations, usually rural not near bigger cities. Sisters would officially work with the CO to administer things such as reports, literature/magazines, etc. But they were not appointed. I was in one congregation with unbaptized teenage boys, unbaptized husbands that come to the meetings. Eventually after 5 years, a pioneer couple moved in and one sister's husband was baptized. She trained the new brother and turned over all the administrative things and no longer moderated a book study. One older teenage boy got baptized and took over more things.

I visited a congregation in northern Canada that had 2 elders but no qualified brothers to be MS etc. So a sister didi the sound and accounts. Many elders feel it is above them to do these MS or below things.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

You gotta be done lost yo mind. WHAT would happen to the Good Ol' Boys' Club if they allowed females to join up and pollute and corrupt the holy shmoly macaroni, God blessed special Brotherhoodly Bubba Wubba Boodly Woodily Males Rule and Females Drool Mikeephone holdin' favored above all other mediocre lesser humans, Elder-ificks??!!!

signed,

Marina Marina the Fat Ballerina

• hoser
    hoser
    If they followed the scriptural requirements for ministerial servants and elders and not their own made-up-on-the-fly bullshit rules there would be a lot more elders and servants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit