SHOULD CHRISTIAN wear thong undies??

by QUEENIE 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ugg
    ugg

i read the thread that ozziepost had written....i am so horrified...my god,,,30 years in the borg and

for the first time,,,i am having my eyes opened....talk about sick!!!!! i am from a rural,,,very small

congregation,,,"isolated" if you will....i feel deeply grieved....as for thongs....each to their own...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh great! First I go through life with a picture in my head of Jesus in a loin cloth... not I have to spend the rest of my life with a picture of him in a thong!

• Mary
    Mary

Only if you're an elder........with matching bras.

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

Why the hell do they call them thongs?

• Mum
    Mum

Not if they have pagan or patriotic symbols on them! (If there's room for anything like that)

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

the bible doesn't mention that one, maybe it will be in the updated translation. Really now, would the elders be checking ya at the door. Those naughty boys. It would have to be a matter of conscience, there are some outfits you just need to have them for.

• Valis
    Valis

For hauj..

Main Entry: thong
    Pronunciation: 'tho[ng]
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English thwong; akin to Old Norse thvengr thong
    Date: before 12th century
    1 : a strip especially of leather or hide
    2 : a sandal held on the foot by a thong fitting between the toes and connected to a strap across the top or around the sides of the foot
    3 : a garment consisting of a narrow strip of fabric fitting between the legs and a waistband that is worn as underwear or the bottom piece of a bikini
    - thonged / 'tho[ng]d / adjective

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the 'thonngs warm my heart" class

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

QUEENIE - I think you and Mamie cat should wear whatever you are comfortable wearing...don't be worrying about what the elders might think about your under garments.

Style of dress will always be picked at by the WT...back in my youth I remember an elder saying that all girls who wore tight fitting jeans were immoral. Times have changed and most are forced to go with the fashion despite the WT articles of the 50's...however the opinionated elders are still around, but instead of wearing pooh brown suits they are wearing navy blue.

Beck

• minimus
    minimus

Christians should only wear thong undies if they can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit