JWs at Hearst Castle

by concerned mama 26 Replies latest jw friends

• outcast
    outcast

Well the bloke in your photo looks like he found the cure for his depression.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Steph, freedom, yes...but Hearst castle? Last thing I would hate to see is a bunch of religious "tables" duking it out in such a place that has much historical value and beauty.

BG, I was just struck by what you wrote. Isn't Hearst Castle a monument to a madman who thought he was God and above the laws of common humanity? Doesn't it strike you as interesting that the people who belong a religion created by a madman who thought he was God and built a monument to himself (Beth Sarim - also in California) would set up a stall to flog that madman's merchandise? I can't think of a more appropriate place for JWs to set up shop! I guess the irony would be lost on them, however!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Well, Steph, you got a point.

Yet, most people don't go see Hearst Castle because of WRH. Most people find his story somewhat interesting. What they go to see is the grounds (especially the pools), the opulent main house and guest houses (for the time anyway), and the art. Also, to get a glimpse of how the fantastically wealthy live and spend. WRH is merely a supporting actor in the place's attraction. People don't go to the castle to learn more about Hearst, himself. In other words, if it was WRH's 1500 SF 3 bedroom, 2 bath, house, in the valley, people would have no interest in touring the place. It ain't the man that brings them there.

Andee

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Stephanus..he was not a madman..he was.. errrr...eccentric.

He was know also for having rageing parties at his house.Movie stars would go there and wife swap and just have one big happy orgy.

I think Farkel has the right idea.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

*Acknowledges RubyTuesday*

Yeah, and the legends of orgies too!!

Andee

• Crystal
    Crystal

Please e-mail Hearst Castle.

[email protected]

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

BG, the JWs were in the visitor's centre at the base of the hill, not on the actual grounds. The table was set up right beside the booth where they sell you the photos they have to take for security purposes, and right beside the hallway to the washroom (high traffic zone).

Thanks for the e-mail address, Crystal. I think I will drop them a line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit