Deleting A Poster Akin To DF'ing?

by Englishman 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

<----singing....I love you, You love me, We're a Happy Family! With a GREAT BIG (((((( ))))))) and a from Me to You,Won't you say you LOVE ME TOOOOOOOOO

the devil made me do it

• Englishman
    Englishman

That ain't no guitar!

Englishman.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hofner bass guitar a la McCartney if I am not mistaken. There used to be, probably still is, a jazz bassist with a Yorkshire band called 'Back Door' who could make one of those things sings purr like a reactivated Fred Hall....OOoops. I have forgotten his name and his chosen weapon was normally a Fender, but I heard him play a Hofner one weekend, it was quite extraordinary.

HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 22 August 2002 19:46:9

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Yes!! a Hoffner 500/1 1970 issue. I love this bass.........lite and fun to play!

Hey, E-man, while I am at it, I want you to know that you too have my respect and I am sorry if I crossed the line with the "Dearest Blood" remark (Taken from a Star Trek moive/William Shatner line...hehe).

Xena: I love you too!

Have a great night all!

Edited by - thichi on 22 August 2002 19:59:7

Edited by - thichi on 22 August 2002 19:59:47

• larc
    larc

I can feel the love here.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

And at last

the last word is

L O V E

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Englishman, I thought your pub analogy was on the mark, and not just because I love a good ale either! I keep hearing this freedom of speech cliche thrown about and that's a poor reason for wanting anarchy. We do not have ABSOLUTE freedom of speech anywhere. There is the old law school analogy: you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theatre. You also cannot incite to riot. Perhaps people don't realise that in America if you tell a crude or sexually explicit joke, you (or your company) can be liable for sexual harrassment. Finally, there is quite a lot of legal precedent lately for hate speech being actionable. Again, don't bring that "freedom of speech" thing up. Even in the United States, if someone chooses to exercise their vocal chords in an objectionable manner, there can be consequences.

I see no difference on this board. Some have chosen to be vituprative and down right mean-sprited in their posts. Others have chosen to ridicule the misfortunes of others. There is no dialogue in those posts. Once name calling starts, dialogue stops. And then, what is the point of this board?

Peace,

Chris

• butalbee
    butalbee

If this is a pub, where are all the drunken sailors???

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Big Tex:

Just for the record, my viewpoint (and I think that of others here too) is that all rules should be applied equally. No one I have read here wants anarchy. In fact, a lack of "fairness" can create what you have described.

Now, back to the love...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit