JWs killed in Philippines?

by julien 11 Replies latest jw friends

• julien
    julien

I just heard this on the news, has anyone else heard it? I can't find info about it on the web. I think they said 6 JWs were kidnapped, 2 beheaded now. Not sure who the perpetrators were, but I think it was Islamic militants.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Yes, that's correct. I was about to post the info. Story entitled: "Muslim rebels kill two of six Jehovah's Witnesses hostages." It's at:

http://www.nj.com./newsflash

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

yes it is on msnbc.com also. It is very sad and scary. My prayers are with the surviving ones and their families that waiting.

Sadie

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

I just updated this sad story I already posted in another thread: http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/

Rado Vleugel

• spider
    spider

Muslim rebels kill two of six Jehovah's Witness hostages

By ZENY MASONG

The Associated Press
    8/21/02 8:42 PM

PATIKUL, Philippines (AP) -- Muslim rebels linked to al-Qaida beheaded at least two of the six Jehovah's Witnesses they kidnapped in the southern Philippines, authorities said Thursday.

Brig. Gen. Romeo Tolentino, commander of the army on the southern island of Jolo, said authorities found the heads of the two male hostages in an open air market in Jolo town.

The two men were abducted on Tuesday with four women as the group sold Avon cosmetics and visited homes around the town of Patikul in the south of the predominantly southern island of Jolo.

Tolentino said a note was attached to the remains referring to "infidels" and spoke of a holy war, or "jihad."

Its very sad.
  • abbagail
    abbagail

:-(.....

Toooo Sad. Terrible Terrible Terrible. What is more Satanic that BEHEADING people? That is soooo wicked. The four sisters must be terrified. I don't even want to think what might happen to them.

Prayer time.

Grits

PS: Thanks for posting the update. I would have missed it, since I'm not watching the TV.

• JT
    JT

Brig. Gen. Romeo Tolentino, commander of the army on the southern island of Jolo, said authorities found the heads of the two male hostages in an open air market in Jolo town.

Officials would not speculate why the hostages were targeted.

A police report said the six captives were Jehovah's Witnesses, but said officers found no evidence they were trying to promote their religion in the predominantly Muslim area.

########

This is so sad, esp when you consider that this religion is not the Truth@ as claimed-

I hate to go out on a limb but i will JW are trained in hostile countries to look as if they are not Promoting thier religion, but we all know that the promoting of the wt aka THE KINGDOM is job number #1 for any loyal jw as the KM a few years back asked:

"Are you magazine conscience" yes the giving of a "Witness" is the all important thing to being a jw, at every opportune time is the phrase we use- while they may have been out selling AVon is it not amazing that they are not being reported as Avon sales folks first but as JW-- How did they become known as JW- well we all know the anwser, a jw is proud to say i'm a jw thinking and believing that somehow all those lies told in the magazines and on the conventions of bro in hostile places INVOKED THE NAME JEHOVAH AS WAS SAVED,

i can't imagine 6 jw not letting it be known that they are jw and it may have cost them thier lives

when you consider that jw are no more than sales folks for an American Corp that is incorporated in the state of PA and has about as much connection to god as Walmart

how said for these folks to die and to think of what they are doing to the female jw is so sad

just think of how crazy this religion is - if the RAPE SCREAM RULE WAS IN EFFECT AND these 4 sisters come back - they would have to appear before the elders and if one of the ladies didn't scream while being raped the other 3 would testify that she never screamed each time they ganged raped her

SO SHE MUST HAVE ENJOYED IT and the 3 Chesse cracker men would DF her for not screaming

these are the types of rules that change and impact folks lives at least if she is raped they will not have to be dfed since the gb saw the need to change the ruling on SCREAM - DIDN'T SCREAM RULE

HOW SAD INDEED

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I just recieved a news alert on my pc from www.msnbc.com regarding the killing of two missionairies in the Philipines. I guess it was the 11pm news release.

ofc.

• apostate
    apostate

These muslims are so stupid!

They should keep the JWs alive and learn mind control tactics from them.
    They could learn how to brain wash muslims to be more fanatics.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

2 Questions:

1) Will the WT Society pay ransom for the remaining sisters? (After all they only make 960 million profit every year.)

2) Where were the angels who blinded the Nazi's to the literature hidden in the oven in WWII Germany? Were they on a coffee break? In other words, Why were the brothers not protected while in the ministry?

Could it be that the Truth is all just a clever ruse?????

Popee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit