Oh those PAMPHLETS

by Beans 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beans
    Beans

I was just wondering if the Dubs still used this form of door to door work. As I recall there was a time when we would put them in doors that were "not at homes" and handed them to the people at the doors.

What I also remember was the next time we did it I recall it being a big deal to give them at all doors at they were worried about the costs.

Beans

Edited by - Beans on 18 August 2002 16:55:48

• blondie
    blondie

Beans, oh, yes, they still use those, they are called "tracts" around here and are about 3 x 5 inches with 8 folded in pages. They were used when you didn't want to "give away" a magazine or a brochure since they used to cost a penny apiece.

But so many brothers and sisters have so many older magazines piling up, magazines get put in the doors more often. You might be thinking of something like a brochure or a magazine which were more expensive.

Every so often there is a campaign with a special tract but that is usually the same size as the magazines and those were always free.

• Beans
    Beans

Ah yes, now I rember some of those details! The older magazines in the not at home trick, forgot that one. Thanks Blondie!!!

Beans

• minimus
    minimus

PHAMPHLETS???.....are they little phamps? lol

• blondie
    blondie

Now, now, minimus, don't tease him about his spelling. I thought it was cute.

• minimus
    minimus

I know....I just couldn't help it....bad minimus, bad minimus

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

OK...answer this one

If the reason JW's go door to door is that the bible commands us to spread the word of god this way.....

Then why do they hand out Watchtower and awake mags.?

Should they not be giving copies of the bible?...you know...THE WORD OF GOD!!

The watchtower does not qualify, it's writers are not "inspired".

• minimus
    minimus

But the Watchtower really is God's Word.Really.

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD
    minimus But the Watchtower really is God's Word.Really.

Careful there....don't want to give the accusation of false prophesy any secure foot hold....LOL

really tho....they say that they are not inspired....so what gives....if they are supposed to be spreading the word of god...don't you think they should be giveing bibles door to door?....oh wait there ARE printing costs...even with slave labor.

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

Then why do they hand out Watchtower and awake mags.?

Should they not be giving copies of the bible?

No, we can all save time by only delivering WT-litterature. Remember that: "If you spend 15 minutes reading each of Rutherfords books you would get more pleasure than you would reading the Bible for a whole year"

So why waste time on reading the Bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit