According to William Malenfant the serpent in the garden was a "she".

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

On JW Broadcasting Malenfant's latest video, "Do Not Be Misled By the Wicked" states (@ 4:30) "did it (the serpent) take a bite of the forbidden fruit and because of that was she allowed to gain this ability to speak?"

Where does Malenfant get the idea that the serpent in the garden was female?

Interesting, because Malenfant, like the Governing Body, adds to scripture what is not there. In scripture the one behind the serpent is always recognized as Male.

Malenfant needs to get some faith under his belt. Jesus is the head of the congregation.

Frank

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Oh wow. Women in he Bible are so ignored by witnesses. Even Mary barely mentioned lest they start sounding like Catholics. (There CAN be a balance, WT!)

so now finally we get a spot...but oops, it's Satan who is the woman. Yay us!!!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Besides the craziness of that, I've heard the whole "snake ate first" in public talks. Even way back when I always thought that is total conjunture and they know the RF take it as fact now that it came from their mouth.
  • Splash
    Splash

@freemindfade We've had from the platform that the Stonehenge stones were put there by the nephilim, and that the great tribulation may have already started.

The meetings are worth going to just for the Ripley's Believe It Or Not content.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbmw_201506_2_VIDEO

lmao, he says and I quote: "when a snake spoke to eve, that was truly a hoax..."

Well there is something we agree on! the whole f&%$ing bible is a hoax, that fact that he said this happened about 6000 years ago, oh dear.

• prologos
    prologos
    With a name like that, Mr. Malenfent ( which translates loosely as "Bad Boy" from the french) really has his genders mixed up for the (le) serpent is masculine in French, take your pick, feminine in german, au contraire.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

prologos

I have heard that he speaks several languages.

Le serpent is masculine in French and la culebra is feminine in Spanish.

Maybe he was thinking Spanish at the time.

I wouldn't over-read into this.

Rub a Dub

• fulano
    fulano
    The meetings are worth going to just for the Ripley's Believe It Or Not content.

Lol, great!! :) :)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

A side thought. JW's are against gay sex because it's unnatural. Yet they believe

that a talking snake can tempt people into eating a fruit.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    Malenfant must have just misspoken and said "she" instead of "he". He's too much the loyalist to stray from "what is written" ( in the WT, of course).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit