Is there anything that could make you go back?

by sleepy 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

I would never go back to the religion as a member or believer. I am not now a member of any religion. If the Watchtower changed its shunning policy so that JWs felt free to talk with me (and with that would not view me as an Apostate) then I would visit some JWs I still care about. I might even go to their meetings with them while visiting. But that would be it. Just a curtesy while I enjoyed their friendship, just as I might have them attend a regular church with me when they visit my neck of the woods.

• outnfree
    outnfree

What Amazing said, minus

I might even go to their meetings with them while visiting. But that would be it. Just a curtesy while I enjoyed their friendship, just as I might have them attend a regular church with me when they visit my neck of the woods.

Personally, I would DRIVE them or DIRECT them to the nearest KH for their meetings if they were visiting me, or alternatively, would stay HOME from my place of worship (had I one), but I would not attend a KH with them as a "courtesy." Friends don't let friends get sick.

out

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

About the only thing I can think of that would make me go back would be a few burley "brothers" sneak into my house in the dead of night, drug me, hog tie me and drag me off to the Kingdumb Hall while drugged and unconscious. Then, if they kept me imprisoned and chained to the seat, I might be there for as long as it took to chew through the chains.

Other than that, no!

Lew W

• LB
    LB

Aaaah Lew you give up too easy.

I'd go back if they drug my lifeless corspe inside.

In all honesty I would go back to see a wedding that is coming up. Except I'm certain I wont get the invite. We're inactive but scary I guess. This was one of my favorite young people but I'm sure I'm forgotten.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The Dub hopes for life everlasting (that means eternal, but conditionally, right?) on a paradise earth of his making, living under the same rule as he has "enjoyed" in the New World Society.

The Christian has hope of being with Jesus in heaven to be in his presence forevermore.

Is there any contest?

Why would a Bible believing person ever go back? No, never.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Grunt
    Grunt

Nothing in this world could make me return to the Tower. I want to see it crumble and fall. Now, I would go in the building if I could carry my sledge hammer and have a few minutes to work. Though I would rather just push it all in from outside or pull it apart depending on the structure. Been dry too long for a fire, it might spread.

Grunt

• SYN
    SYN

Maybe if they allowed to me free a few Congregations full of Sisters from their sexual repression

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Dito on Dakota's post!!!

CC

• Flip
    Flip
    is there any change of belief or change of circumstance that could make you return to the JW fold?

Thats like asking a thievish group who once left you psychologically destitute and financially retarded back into your rebuilt life because theyve confessed to having turned over a new leaf.

How about if a family member was dying and hoped to see you in paradise would you go back for a while just to make them feel happy?

As to the above, theres little another can do to make a shallow, selfish person happy that doesn t involve sacrificing ones own self-respect.

No doubt the WTBTS would agree and is making every effort so non-cooperative, informed Jehovahs or 'apostates' leave or remain home rather than return to disrupt the 'geese' (existing congregations who justify the need for a tax exempt status to the Governments) that lay their 'golden eggs'.

• COMF
    COMF

If I were recruited by a governmental investigative agency to obtain evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit