1000 leaving Bethel - Why?

by spider 23 Replies latest jw friends

• stichione
    stichione

I also think it's about money. They probably did the calculation to see how much it costs to house, feed, laundry, medical etc. these people versus the money they save printing their own stuff instead of contracting out, and found out they were operating at a loss all along! Donations for the world wide work must also be down for them to do this.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

I made one of the original posts about downsizing... however most of it is due to financial problems I believe! However, I also understand a few upper managers ("overseers") are being moved to foreign branches. I've heard that Ron and Linda Maxwell are being moved to the Mexican Branch Office. However, Ron has been a rebel at times, having close ties, in the past, to Ray Franz, while Ray was at Bethel. I suspect that this new arrangement is a way to get trouble-makers out of Brooklyn ! Ron is in charge of international construction! I cant understand why they would move him to Mexico , other than to shut-him-up (i.e., from the GB's standpoint: "let's get rid of the trouble-makers while we're in the process of downsizing!")! Furthermore, will the International Construction Office be moved to Mexico too? It sure looks like it! This is very strange! I suspect he's not the only one! Let's see what happens!

Edited by - cyberguy on 17 August 2002 23:44:22

Edited by - cyberguy on 18 August 2002 12:46:41

• minimus
    minimus

Is Bethel considered by law to be an employer? I don't think so.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

i wonder how many of the booted bethelites will stay active once they return home.

i was outta there 3 months after returning home. :-P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit