I have just been shunned!

by Vivamus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

RF It's amazing how they have a love on/off switch isn't it? Haughty righteous indignation once and then click! the kingdom smile!

The trouble with the Witnesses interpretation of John 13:34-35, "I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves." Is that they deliberately only stretch it to those "within" and therefore try and make people on the outside want to join them for their own allocation of bruvver luv! And deliberately treating disfellowshipped ones like scum will make them miss that luvvin so much they come running back. Sadly, many do. It's a marvelous twisting of a scripture really, and this phony love that is displayed within the congregations is worth nothing in my book.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

RF, that is just such a fine example of double standard hypocrisy! (not you, the dub )

Matty, youre right. Funny thing is that they actually have the nerve calling shunning an act of love. Yeah right! A few brothers and sisters have walked up to my mum a few times in the Hall, and told her that Id come back if when I would miss them enough. My mum rightly said well, I doubt that. It has rather the opposite effect on me.

• ugg
    ugg

oh (((((((((((( viv))))))))))))))))))) god how awful....to me it is
    beyond cruel!! i hope knowing that others care will help some....it
    is such sick behavior....i personally cannot deal with it...their
    conduct deeply grieves me....viv,,,,hang in there,,,

• Matty
    Matty

I guess that's the way it is with them. The kind of "love" that you get from the congregation is a very childish one, and this is demonstrated clearly when you are DF'd. I think a lot of us who have left or who are thinking of leaving identify with poster Larry when asked why he left the Borg, he says "My love for people outgrew the love that I was taught."

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Vivamus,

I feel for you I have been there to. Remember a Jdub does not understand what true unconditional love is. Never fool yourself, they will always choose the religion over you. You need to develope genuine friends that care and accept you for who you are.

Will

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm still trying to reconcile in my mind the yellow suit.

We are talking about a guy in Nederland, aren't we? I always thought they'd be into sombre colours. Things must be changing.

Or is it a new fad to make up for the lack of sunlight round your way??????

Cheers, Ozzie

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

The sad thing is, that most Jdubs actually love the people they shun (with the exception of a few hypocrites that RF has dealt with). And mist even feel bad and miss those persons they shun. And yet they do it, cause in their twisted minds they think it is loving to do so. Sad.

Ozzie, I can't help it, the guy wore a yellowish suit. Right here in the Netherlands. I think it is more his way of celebrating the good weather we are finally having. Like a tribute to the sun...o, no wait, that can't be the reason, that would be pagan...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Viv,

You mean it's not raining today??

Ozzie

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I just D/A myself and hubby did too, last Thursday night. But we have been the target of many rumors and speculations as to why we just left on meeting and never came back. We didnt do the fade, the drift, we just went out of town for a month , Hub was still elder at this time. He called from the road and told them he was stepping down. They had clues to his contempt for the borg , but got afraid and teary eyed when we tried to subtly tell them he didnt support WT anymore.

IT has been over a year and we had already started to get shunned by many , at the beginning of our departure. I have to admit at first if I saw one in wal-mart I would head the other way. Well it is official now and they will have to shun us, even the little sweet old sisters who will find it hard I am sure. I will forget that I am d/a and probably wonder why they didnt wave!!!!!!!!LOL

I had a dream the other nite that all the sisters , I have know forever, were shunning me and sitting in a circle and crying together at my leaving. I wish that was true, but most probably don't care and think I am worshipping Satan. But I realized from this dream , somewhere deep inside me , it does hurt to lose those people you grew up with, people that were fatherly like that brother you spoke of. Sister's who took me under their wing when my mom died. The ones that were proud of my chidlren.

I didnt think it would hurt at all, it's been a year since I really left, but I would be fooling myself to say that it doesnt hurt alittle. But I just tell myself , the wonderful things I have now to replace my old JW life is worth the small sacrifice of being shunned by people that I can live without.

I won't shun them ever , and I am just going to wait and see how it unfolds. I will smile at first and maybe wave, but I would never force myself on them if they take their stand agaisnt me.

• Xandria
    Xandria

(((((((( Viv ))))))))),

Hang in there, I am expecting the same soon myself. I don't know if my Aunt will reply to my letter but... who knows stranger things have happened. Perhaps she has mellowed some with the deaths of my mom, her son and her husband.

You have my support.

Xandria

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit