Organization Pulled inTwo Directions

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Interesting you mention the old Soviet Union. There has been a several shows on the History Channel about various failed projects under Communist rule and it occured to me similarities the Witnesses have to the Soviets. The idea that one must wait on the Watchtower (Pravda) to tell people what to belief, or think or even have an opinion on. Any disagreement is forbidden and outright protest results in exilt or even death (disfellowshipping). Any and all media tell the people how wonderful their lives are and how wonderful their country (organisation) is, despite world opinion. Finally, the belief that theirs is the superior way and the entire world are idiots sure to be destroyed because of corruption, when in fact it is their own way that is faulty and corrupt.

I do not see an organisation pulled in two directions. I see a Stalinist group of control freaks who are determined to get "guileless ones" in order come hell or highwater. I'm afraid they will continue to stumble along just like they did after the last big scandal in 1979.

• gambler
    gambler

what is the new dissfelowshiping policy?

• In_between_days
    In_between_days
    How could they drop the blood policy? After so many people have died they are going to say "surprise! New light!' ?????? I would think that members would leave in droves. But then again, if they were whacked out enough to buy all the other WT crap then maybe they would still stick around and listen to the NEW LIGHT logic.

No, there is no way that I can see that the WT will drop the blood policy. This would be the biggest blunder thet would ever make (I mean blunder by their logic, not ours). Anyone with a shred of dignity would not support this "new LIght" - this would cause a HUGE decrease in members.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Quote:

Siddhashunyata
    Master Member
    Since: Dec 5, 2001
    Re: Organization Pulled inTwo DirectionsAug 13, 2002 12:30

Well said! There does not seem to be a way back to the "good old days", only a menacing slide into farce and fiasco.

CORRECTION:

There never were "good old days" in the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society.

They have been lying to people and manipulating minds for the sake of the almighty dollar and the lust for power from the very beginning.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""No, there is no way that I can see that the WT will drop the blood policy. This would be the biggest blunder thet would ever make (I mean blunder by their logic, not ours). Anyone with a shred of dignity would not support this "new LIght" - this would cause a HUGE decrease in members.""

I thought this too regarding the Generation that saw 1914. Same with Organ transplants......Like one brother stated in a talk, "If the Society said that the moon is made of cheese, then I will believe the moon is made of cheese."

IMHO, they can make the Blood policy a personal choice (Like in Romania) and get away with it...

• outnfree
    outnfree
    What's bothersome to me is that they just can't seem to own up to it when they make a mistake, its always someone else's fault-never their's. -- twain30

This is typical antisocial behavior:

I have spent the best years of my life giving people the lighter pleasures, helping them have a good time, and all I get is abuse, the existence of a hunted man. -- Al Capone
    To whom it may concern, Under my coat is a weary heart, but a kind one -- one that would do nobody any harm. -- "Two Gun" Crowley
    Few of the criminals in SingSing regard themselves as bad men. They are just as human as you and I. So they rationalize, they explain. They can tell you why they had to crack a safe or be quick on their trigger finger. Most of them attempt by a form of reasoning, fallacious or logical, to justify their antisocial acts even to themselves, consequently maintaining that they never should have been imprisoned at all. -- Lewis Lawes, onetime warden of SingSing.

The Governing Body's policies are criminal, but they will never admit to this. This fact alone makes me want to believe there is a vengeful God named Jehovah who will mete out perfect justice to them and their knowing henchmen one day.

out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit