What was the worst date you ever been on ?

by Xandria 17 Replies latest jw friends

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Oh where to begin....I'm the master of the bad dates. In fact I started a thread on it a long time ago. So I'll actually tell you about a good one this time where a JW was involved. He was a farm guy from Wallkill and I was in the 12th grade. And he was as goregous as a model. He went to school with me one day (which gave me instant mega-popular status) and we skipped out right before lunch and went to a fancy restaurant (which he paid for) and then took me to my very first R rated movie (gasp)! I never had such a fun time. Unfortunately he was kicked out of the farm right after that for needing an attitude adjustment.

• heathen
    heathen

The worst date I ever had was the blind date from hell.Turned out after being lied to by my freinds about the girl .I remember asking about how big the girl was and the answer being she was very good looking ,come the night of the date low and behold a freaking hippo climbs in the back seat with me and the most horrible perfume I've ever had the displeasure of inhaling ,I had to roll down the window after making mention it smelled like raid bug spray .Needless to say no love connection there.Then there was the constant egging on of go for it heathen ,of which I did try to get drunk enough but the old story of the more you drink the better looking at closing time didn't apply in this case .

• rodnico
    rodnico

The worst date was with a witness that I had been seeing for a couple of months. I have to preface this date with another one. He had bought 3 tickets to a Cure concert for me, him & chaperone. Only we had no chaperone, my mother who wanted us to remain "pure" decided she should go. She went to see the Cure with us, and she had a great time, besides psycho religion she is pretty cool. She danced and was a lot of fun, then we went to eat at a nice place.

So in competition he wanted to show how his parents were just as cool as my mother. First we went to eat dinner, and he said "oh my this is an expensive place" him being mr. just graduated from ministerial school regular pioneer I thought he did not have enough money. So I ordered the cheapest thing I could find a very small appetizer. I was freakin starving. After dinner he bought concert tickets to see They Might Be Giants. His parents and us stood in line for 1 1/2 hours in the cold waiting to get inside a place with no chairs, and I was freakin starving. We finally get inside, and the opening act was some punk girls screaming riot chick things like F*CK You, You blah blah blah...over and over again. I thought they were pretty funny, but his parents were shocked. During the riot chick's songs was some heavy moshing and beer was spilled all over my dates father. We left without even seeing They Might Be Giants. His parents had stopped talking to him by the time the night was over they apologized to me for such a bad evening. I told him face it, your parents will never be as cool as my mother. Drove home after stopping at McDonalds.

So glad I did not marry that one...whew.

Nicole

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Rodnico. Hey girl.

This was during my "inactive " years...

I dated a New York State Trooper for two years. He could've been Howie Long's younger brother....A very good COP but man this dude was a dumb ass......

How I met him....I had a silver 95 'Stang....which I pulled into a parking space and (he thought) nearly hit him. He was standing there in uniform....and threatened to ticket me. (collective swoon from the girls.) I just got out, and proceeded to feed the meter and ignored him. I told him, "If you want my phone number at least be man enough to ask."

So, my sister and I just proceeded to stroll around the neighborhood later on that night. (It's around 1:30 am) Well, who do I see but this dude sitting at an outdoor cafe with this nondescript girl...I strolled over to the table, pulled up a chair and sat down and proceed to eat off his plate, while dissing his ugly ass date to her face. He was mortified, and intrigued. She was in WAY over her head. I got up and left. He followed. LOL. (I think I would've been a good contestant for Elimidate before I was married.)

He was putty in my hands for the next two years....

But, once we went out dancing, I was with my sister and my girlfriends so I just told him to meet up with us at the club...Styleen's, if you know where it is. He brought a bunch of cop buddies.

Anyhow, he wasn't the clubbing type, apparently. He showed up in WHITE blue jeans, which turned flourescent purple under the club lights. My sister laughed so hard she was crying. I admit, I was a little embarrassed myself!

He stormed away in a huff.

Later that week, he had just finished reading "JFK" the screenplay book. He looked at me and said, "You know, I actually think some in our government had to do with his assasination!!!!" Like it was a new thought for me...NOT. We were not good matches intellectually.

Man, this guy was DUMB. But as far as eye candy he had it going on. I guess I know how men feel when they are dating or married to a gorgeous-but-dumb ass chick.....

Lisa

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Every single Goddamned one of them!

• Simon
    Simon

I never really had any proper 'dates' before I met my Missus but this was close to one ...

Met a girl at a circuit assembly who seemed quite sweet and friendly. Amazingly, got her address and an invitation to go see her (not on the phone). Went over the next week to say hi.

During a bizarre conversation with her family etc ... I managed to piece together that she was pregnant (slight surprise) so I 'made my excuses and left'.

Everyone at our congregation thought it was very funny (dumbos) and one silly old bat even thought it shouldn't matter and I should still see her !

• Xandria
    Xandria

That was you LB ??? LMAO !

Sounds like everyone has had the good, the bad and the OMG! in experiences. Some think they were born under a cursed star.. in regards to the bad dates. But .. there is hope ( at least I hope there is).

Xandria

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Anyhow, he wasn't the clubbing type, apparently. He showed up in WHITE blue jeans, which turned flourescent purple under the club lights. My sister laughed so hard she was crying. I admit, I was a little embarrassed myself!

LOL! What a visual! I'm crying just thinking about it! What is it with guys that dress like dorks when they go to clubs?!

So, my sister and I just proceeded to stroll around the neighborhood later on that night. (It's around 1:30 am) Well, who do I see but this dude sitting at an outdoor cafe with this nondescript girl...I strolled over to the table, pulled up a chair and sat down and proceed to eat off his plate, while dissing his ugly ass date to her face. He was mortified, and intrigued. She was in WAY over her head. I got up and left. He followed. LOL. (I think I would've been a good contestant for Elimidate before I was married.)

Really, Lisa, don't you think it's time you looked into that lack of CONFIDENCE problem of yours?

I really didn't date much either. My Dad scared the CRAP out of everyone. Especially teenage boys. Even chased some poor kid off with a shotgun that just stopped by our house to chat with me.

The first date I ever went out on, the guy hardly spoke to me the entire time. Didn't even attempt to hold my hand at the movies (We saw American Graffiti). Then driving home, he drives to some secluded spot. I'm curious at to what is going to happen. I was 16 and naive. The guy proceeds to stop the car and practically jumps me. Well, that wasn't flying with me. I made him take me directly home. I never saw him again.

Another one that was a disaster was when I went out on a double date with a guy I worked with. I was 19 at the time. This guy had been pestering me for months to go out with him. I just wasn't interested or attracted. I tried not to be rude, but firm that it wasn't going to happen. Well, one of the other girls I worked with, started dating this guy's roommate. I don't know if I was set up, but she pleads with me to double date with this guy and the roommate (her date). So very reluctantly, I agreed. I figured I would be safe with the two of them with us. So, we go to the movies. We were in a packed theater. The movie starts. Everything is fine. I'm watching the movie. Then suddenly I hear the sounds of buzzsaws. I look to my right to see my date with his head thrown back, mouth wide open, sound asleep, practically bringing down the roof of the theater with his snoring.

Now, I find myself in a dilemma. Do I just lean away from him, pretending that I don't know him and allow him to serenade with theater with his snoring concerto? Or do I give him a hard nudge and awake him? Thus, informing the rest of the audience that HE was with me and bear the shame that a date with me puts a guy to sleep to the point of gasping for air? I mulled the options in my mind.

What did I do?? Oh, baby, I leaned! And I leaned HARD.

After that, I just tried to get through the movie. It was Chapter 2 with Marsha Mason and James Caan. So, for those that remember the movie, getting through the evening, with my sanity, was no easy feat!

I suppose it was worth it in the end. He never did ask me out again.

Andee

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 20 August 2002 3:33:8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit