Help needed

by moley 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• moley
    moley

As many of you on here will know, my sister and myself (along with others we know) were abused by a Ms.

My first memory as a child was of abuse and I've had and still am suffering from the affects due to mental health problems. The abuser is now dead, but he was jailed for abuse of his own son previously so that nest of vipers will have known he was an abuser. I was often made to stay with this man for weekends and during school holidays where I would be abused daily and taken to public toilets by him so others could abuse me while he watched.

The reason for this post is that myself and my sister wish to hold the WTBS to account and finally have our voices heard. but am not sure how to proceed and also the cost of legal action, as I am not able to work due to my MH problems.

If anyone knows of how to proceed or those who would be able to help please let me know

Moley

• sir82
    sir82

Do you live in the US or in another country?

If US, in which state?

Try googling "Jehovah's Witness abuse attorney". You should see lot of links for attorneys who handle such cases. Hopefully at least one of them is licensed for the state / country you live in.

• moley
    moley
    I live in the UK
  • sir82
    sir82

Here is the link I found when I googled the name of the attorney in the just-disclosed settlement in the UK:

http://www.mcolaw.com/people/kathleen-hallisey/

Seems like contacting her would be a good start.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

You could also contact SilentLambs. Seems they have a hotline and could probably point you in the right direction.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

First, I'm very sorry for what you have been through, I hope you find the justice you are looking for.

many lawyers will take a case they believe is strong enough on a contingency or conditional fee..

A contingent fee (in the United States) or conditional fee (in England and Wales) is any feefor services provided where the fee is payable only if there is a favourable result. In the law, it is defined as a "fee charged for a lawyer's services only if the lawsuit is successful or is favorably settled out of court.... Contingent fees are usually calculated as a percentage of the client's net recovery

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Hi Moley

I am so sorry this has happened to you under the care of this organisation. I will pray for you and your sister.

You could try reaching out to Barbara Anderson on this forum, I am sure she will know the best legal avenue.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I have nothing of practical use to add, but just want to let you know that I am very angry on your behalf.

I only wish they could rot in the hell I don't believe in.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I am so sorry this happened to you. I hate this stupid religion and I hope you sue them for every penny they have.
  • clarity
    clarity

So sorry dear ....... maybe get in touch with the lawyer who just won this case in UK. All the best to you!

clarity

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33201010

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit