2014 Statistics and Graphs for USA, UK and Australia

by jwfacts 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• besty
    besty

@viviane I think you are confusing absolute growth in population over a 10 year period with single year growth for the JW's...unless I'm missing your point?

• Viviane
    Viviane

I am saying the PEAK YEAR for JWs for a given time frame is less than halve of the overall growth for that time frame for the population at large. In other words, the JW best year is less than half as good as the 10 year overall growth. I could get more specific and combine the exact years for JWs and get an overall or break down, year by year, the growth for the US, UK or AUS, but, you know, I'm feeling lazy

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I still think that there is growth in the US because of the Spanish and with the changes in the policies by the government this growth will continue as more foreigners arrive.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

I think there is growth in the US only due to creative counting of hours.  There is no way in hell those people are out more in door to door.  I live in an area with KH's all around me.  I have lived in my place since 2005 and have NEVER been contacted by a JW; never even saw a tract.  I have seen the Spanish strolling down the street in groups, not going to the doors...but seriously strolling down the street...no exaggeration.

I think the time will come when the gap will be so large they cannot creatively make up for the difference and will have to publish less than stellar statistics.   

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I still think that there is growth in the US because of the Spanish and with the changes in the policies by the government this growth will continue as more foreigners arrive.

I agree - the growth is mostly spanish and other immigrants.  There've been a few small foreign language groups springing up here lately, but I honestly can't remember the last time I heard of a new english congregation forming.  Sure, they're building/remodeling KHs, but the only new congregations are foreign-language groups.  They're just using the foreign language groups to shuffle congregations around, playing a shell game so that no one realizes that KHs are being sold very nearly as much as they're being built.

• BU2B
    BU2B
    BluesBrother, Im in Buffalo, NY and we have a Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and Sign Language congregations as well as Arabic, Burmese and Swahili groups.  It seems most able-bodied zealous JWs have moved over to this field and most growth seems to be there as well.  English congregations are dead and shrinking.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There are tons of immigrants in the Midwest. Lots of Dubbies being encouraged to serve in a foreign field. YEP... Lots of people moving to the USA to seek a better life, and lots of charlatans seeking to take their money. 

Thanks, JWFacts! I have always appreciated your site and your efforts. The facts presented were a major influence on my thinking. I may be a bit off, but I am a better person and more stable, because of people like you. 

DD

• 88JM
    88JM

I didn't realize the 2015 Yearbook was out - slipped that one quietly:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/2015-yearbook/

Did I miss the post on here? Can't seem to find one mentioning it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit