Was The Apostle Paul Out Of His Mind? Or Just An Eccentric Megalomaniac?

by Brokeback Watchtower 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I have some quotes from the new world bible from 2 cor 11&12 read them and give us your prognosis, he definitely thought very highly of himself, his vision that he received from the unconscious and inflated his ego for sure. I'm sure this guy is over the top in his exaggerations about what he did and didn't do probably lots of denial about some of his own fraud being projected onto his boogie man rivals he sarcastically calls superfine apostles.

For I consider that I have not proved inferior to your superfine apostles in a single thing.+ 6 But even if I am unskilled in speech,+ I certainly am not in knowledge; indeed we made it clear to you in every way and in everything.....
    12 But what I am doing I will continue to do,+ in order to eliminate the pretext of those who are wanting a basis* for being found equal to us in the things* about which they boast. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.+ 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light.+ 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.+....
    But if others act boldly—I am talking unreasonably—I too act boldly. 22 Are they Hebrews? I am one also.+ Are they Israelites? I am one also. Are they Abraham’s offspring?* I am also.+23 Are they ministers of Christ? I reply like a madman, I am more outstandingly one: I have done more work,+ been imprisoned more often,+ suffered countless beatings, and experienced many near-deaths.+ 24 Five times I received 40 strokes less one from the Jews,+ 25 three times I was beaten with rods,+ once I was stoned,+ three times I experienced shipwreck,+ a night and a day I have spent in the open sea; 26 in journeys often, in dangers from rivers, in dangers from robbers, in dangers from my own people,+in dangers from the nations,+ in dangers in the city,+ in dangers in the wilderness, in dangers at sea, in dangers among false brothers, 27 in labor and toil, in sleepless nights often,+ in hunger and thirst,+ frequently without food,+ in cold and lacking clothing.*....
    I have to boast. It is not beneficial, but I will move on to supernatural visions+ and revelations of the Lord.+ 2 I know a man in union with Christ who, 14 years ago—whether in the body or out of the body, I do not know; God knows—was caught away to the third heaven. 3 Yes, I know such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body, I do not know; God knows— 4 who was caught away into paradise and heard words that cannot be spoken and that are not lawful for a man to say. 5 I will boast about such a man, but I will not boast about myself except of my weaknesses.6 ...

He's like a possessive mother and he will do anything to keep his followers man is this guy paranoid or what. Sounds almost like a he's Hitler hatting the Jews when it comes to showing these guys he considers evil with no redeeming value. Reprobates and scoundrels all of them.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Definitely a Freudian slip right here with multiple meanings and very revealing he just can't keep his lips together long enough:

I reply like a madman, I am more outstandingly one:

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated
    I don't think 'Paul' ever existed but was a litery creation of a second century church leader named Marcion. This story in 2 Coringthina 11-12 is taken alot from Simon Magus and Aollonos of Tyre. The reason for these text is ligetimize the celestrial diety Christ as having spoken to 'Paul' this making the Marcion church true to 'the gospel'..... which .BTW was heavy in gnosticism.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    That could possibly be true but even as a fictional being his offers a psychological perspective especially to those once under it's influence as a code of conduct.
  • skepticSam
    skepticSam

How come you don't call Bull Shit out on people Brokeback?. Is it because you don't know history or just bias to anything Bible related even if your willing to sacrifice what you claim as fiction for outrageous bull shit?

"

rokeback Watchtoweran hour ago
    That could possibly be true but even as a fictional being his offers a psychological perspective especially to those once under it's influence as a code of conduct."

"

owTheBibleWasCreatedan hour ago
    I don't think 'Paul' ever existed but was a litery creation of a second century church leader named Marcion. This story in 2 Coringthina 11-12 is taken alot from Simon Magus and Aollonos of Tyre. The reason for these text is ligetimize the celestrial diety Christ as having spoken to 'Paul' this making the Marcion church true to 'the gospel'..... which .BTW was heavy in gnosticism"
  • skepticSam
    skepticSam

I can't find this " Aollonos", is he someone we have Second Century autographs from or a friend of or disciple of Apollonius of Tyre, I get mixed up trying to remember the Gnostic heroes and all the magic and knowledge they spread throughout the Empire, wait, Christianity was started by the Romans in the First Century to get taxes paid and make the rebellious Jews fall in line.

I can see the Jews listening to the Romans and obeying a hand picked Messiah, it get's even better. The handpicked Messiah told the Jews to stop being so violent, preached a message of peace and had them pay those nasty taxes they hated! The destruction of Jerusalem never happened or was a cover-up of something greater, the early experimentation of nuclear weapons that caused Sodom and Gomorrah to blow up. There are so many great stories, how does one pick which myth to make fact and which high probability story to turn myth?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    How come you don't call Bull Shit out on people Brokeback?.

No my job gringo

• skepticSam
    skepticSam

Now I understand how people outside the Organization felt when we pulled out "Dates" and other interpretations out of the air and expected us to accept it as gospel!

You agreed with a poster who is either ignorant or academically dishonest, no two ways around this! He drops out the name "Simon Magus", a name that first enters history from the Bible, the Book of Acts! Acts is considered by many Bible historians as "St. Paul's Defense documents". Since writing tools were very expensive during the First and Second centuries, (Acts of Apostles) manuscripts were not very common as people think. The claim is made that "Theophilus was the benefactor and Dr. Luke collected all the data from the beginning for use at Paul's Trial and his defense team". This "Dr. Luke" is the same person who was with St. Paul, they traveled together at various points of Paul's Ministry.

Now here's a very fascinating part, "Simon Magus(Simon the Magician) make's his first appearance in history in Acts 8:9. All other information we have of him is based off myth, ask yourself "If Paul never existed than Luke never existed either. If Luke''s words are fraud, we can delete everything from Luke's account and all the Christians too. Finally, If "Acts of Apostles is a fraud" as dropped in his claim, how in the world can you have Simon Magus and believe everything he wrote with any sanity? He wrote:

"

HowTheBibleWasCreated3 hours ago
    I don't think 'Paul' ever existed but was a litery creation of a second century church leader named Marcion. This story in 2 Coringthina 11-12 is taken alot from Simon Magus and Aollonos of Tyre. The reason for these text is ligetimize the celestrial diety Christ as having spoken to 'Paul' this making the Marcion church true to 'the gospel'..... which .BTW was heavy in gnosticism.

I thought about sending this to Bart Erhman so he could see how the creators of myths are doing and what their producing, still have not decided because I am still trying to make any sense of his logic, it's really far out there!

This make's no sense whatsoever, making a square-circle would be easier in my opinion than making his claim real.

Your aware Simon Magus is the man who was suppose to fly? The Jews tried to mix up him with J.C. long after the fact. Simon Magus by legend is flying up in the air to prove he is the Messiah only to fall to his death when St. Peter made a prayer to Jesus Christ? So really, are you now going to except Simon Magus as a real figure of history while denying a well documented historical figure?

What kind of person tells you "Paul is not real", "The Bible is not real" and preaches a person from the Bible we have no verifiable evidence was competing with the Apostles as Messiah? Critical thinking skills are very healthy if your are trying to be skeptical, otherwise everything is game and all dogs hunt!

9 A man named Simon had been a sorcerer there for many years, amazing the people of Samaria and claiming to be someone great. 10 Everyone, from the least to the greatest, often spoke of him as “the Great One—the Power of God.”11 They listened closely to him because for a long time he had astounded them with his magic.

12 But now the people believed Philip’s message of Good News concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ. As a result, many men and women were baptized. 13 Then Simon himself believed and was baptized. He began following Philip wherever he went, and he was amazed by the signs and great miracles Philip performed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Simon_Magus

"The apocryphal “Acts of Peter” gives a legendary tale of Simon Magus' death: In order to prove himself to be a god, Simon performed magic in the Forum, and levitated up into the air. The apostle Peter prayed to God to stop his flying, and he stopped in mid-air and fell, breaking his legs. The previously non-hostile crowd then stoned him as an impostor, and he eventually died of his injuries despite the attentions of a sympathetic banished sorcerer named Castor.

The Death of Simon Magus from the Nuremberg Chronicle (1493)
    The Death of Simon Magus from the Nuremberg Chronicle (1493) (fromhttp://altreligion.about.com/library/
    graphics/bl_simonmagus4.htm
    )

Another apocryphal document, the “Acts of Peter and Paul”, gives a similar but slightly different version of the events, whereby Peter (along with the Apostle Paul who was also present) was imprisoned by the Emperor Nero for his actions in bringing down Simon Magus. Nero ordered that Simon's body be kept carefully for three days after his death in the hopes of him rising again

http://www.witchcraftandwitches.com/witches_magus.html

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

skeptic.... actuwhile the romans may indeed have been behind Mark it would have been later then 70ce. Chritianity started as a Logos/Salvation cult and was hinted at by Philo even.

Hebrews is a very early work of Chritisanity and where in hebrews do you see ANYTHING mentioned in the gospelsÉ Jesus is never evn on earth in Hebrews.

(If the Romans used this Jesus cult idea they likely tried to paint `Jesus return`as the coming of Emporer Titus... but thats a very deep topic)

I meant to type Apollonius of Tyre as being an insperation for the Paul story. Before Marcion we have no record of Paul or his letters...

If Paul exisited and had the power and literary quailities to write LONG letters like that why did Jospehus never mention him.... He knew every other Jewish cult leader.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Simon magus is mentioned by Josephus...

As to Paul existance try this: http://www.egodeath.com/TheFabricatedPaul.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit