HOW MANY DRINKERS----OUT THERE???

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One thing over the years that I have noticed about Jehovah's Witnesses is that they LOVE to drink, especially Bethelites....Have you too noticed this? And why do you think this might be the case?

• Xena
    Xena

One of the few things they ARE allowed to do.....in moderation of course

• Faraon
    Faraon

Hey,

I started drinking since I was born. Is that bad?

I had to since I had no teeth.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Well its one of their only pleasures in life, they can't do much else without someone snitching on them...

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

Seems to me that to put up with a religion like JW you would have to drink to put up with non-sense! No offense, that's simply my point of view.

• Valis
    Valis

One of the elders I liked the most...yes contradiction...I know...but he had a tap that came out of the wall in the den where I watched many a Cowboy's game....The spiritual food was kept cool in the basement....in a refridgerator he gave to me many years later when I was very poor and not a JW....just too bad he had to be an elder...such a fine example...tsk tsk...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Xena
    Xena

There are a few "coolish" elders out there Valis...we had one that after bookstudy at his house (and some of the "weaker" ones had left) would break out the booze....aahhhhh yes we did enjoy that bookstudy!!!!!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

The brother I supposedly "studied" with when i was seventeen took me up the pub instead. He was very weak spiritually, of course. Built his own multi-million pound company from scratch. Had a big house and a nice car.

Bad influence all around. No wonder I left the Truth.

Thank God.

Expatbrit

• teejay
    teejay

Define "drinker."

btw... Zee? If I had ever known a bookstudy conductor like the one you talked about... I'd prolly still be a Dub.

• minimus
    minimus

I refer to "drinker" as a person that loves to drink and probably does it more than he or she is "supposed" to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit