Help requested

by Kismet 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Kismet
    Kismet

Could someone please post the KM schedule for the Service Meetings in August and September. As well as what the Watchtower study articles are going to be about for the next few Sundays.

I have someone who is interested in going to a meeting to 'observe' the control techniques used and we want it to be a meeting where topics about disfellowhipping, child abuse, or the like will be discussed.

I do appreciate your help.

Kismet

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, Kismet, you realize that the highlight of the August and September service meetings will be the insert on disfellowshipping.

Child abuse is almost never discussed at the meetings. Even the few articles that have come out tend to be side articles, not study articles. As one sister said to me, "I never read those articles." And since they are not study articles, that is not hard for most JWs to avoid doing.

Recent events, Dateline and Panorama, has forced the WTS to have something publicly read to the R&F and of course, the special letter to the BOE.

So my question is, do you want more than the "schedule" or the actual text of the insert? Or do you have that already?

I will look over the WTs scheduled to be studied for August and September but I don't remember much being said about DFing, child abuse, or "the like." Think about it, why is this DFing topic being discussed in detail at the service meeting from a KM insert rather than a WT article, eh?

(In my experience, the biggest offenders of the DF rule are the elders themselves. Imagine if the brother(s) selected to handle these parts are big offenders themselves and the R&F know it. How seriously will them R&F take this counsel? )

So those with scanners and access to the publications, can you help?

• Kismet
    Kismet

I didn't know about the KM insert. If someone could scan and post it I would really appreciate it.

Which weeks is that going to be discussed?

Kismet

• blondie
    blondie

No time now, Kismet, but if someone hasn't posted by tonight, I will at least work on the insert. I don't have a scanner, so will have to type, unless someone out there has insert, scanner, time and inclination to do it before I can get back here.

• Kismet
    Kismet

Blondie:

Thanks for your help. Whatever you can do is appreciated.

Kismet

• Scully
    Scully

Kismet:
    I'm sorry, I don't have ready access to the publications, otherwise I'd be glad to send them to you. I may be mistaken, but hasn't someone scanned the August KM where they have an article dealing with the shunning of DFd family members??

blondie:
    "Think about it, why is this DFing topic being discussed in detail at the service meeting from a KM insert rather than a WT article, eh?"

Could be that WT study involves the presence of "interested persons" who might be offended at the thought of having to shun family members, while the Service Meeting is for R&F dubs, complete with reminders to "keep integrity" and BE OBEDIENT to the FDS.

Same thing happens with the blood issue. It's never the subject of a public talk or WT study. Those discussions, especially on how it's so important keep integrity, trust the elders and HLC, and BE OBEDIENT to the FDS, are all reserved for the Service Meeting.

Love, Scully

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hey Kismet:

Here's the link to scanned article on df'ing in August KM

http://www.randytv.com/howtotreatdf.htm

Had Enough

• zev
    zev

it might be helpful if someone could scan and post the second page of that km, where the monthly schedual usually is.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Blondie, your right on the money as to who the biggest offenders are. I have shared this experience before and I will share it again. My mother was sick and she needed someone temporarily to take care of her. Do you think anyone from the congregation offered help, even from my elder brother? No! As a son, it is my natural duty (no second thoughts) to help my mother. My wife and I took care of her. The elders said to the friends that it was OK to visit my mother at the home of her expelled son. They covenviently found an excuse so they didn't have to take care of the widow! Elders know how to fit square pegs into round holes.

Guest 77

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Could anyone post that article on the Df'ed and DA'd?

I'd like to read it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit