Organization non-members ARE approved by God

by YoursChelbie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Christian Observer. Yes, last week's study denigrated word studies AND internet/computer bibles. Memorization and repetition were encouraged to inculcate the principles in to a witnesses's life. Apparently, the bible in book form is superior. When I get home tonight, I can give you the issue and the page, etc. (I have included the quotes below)

I remembered the word inculcate, but forgot it was in the reference in this article to an earlier Watchtower August 15, 1993, pages 13-14. What disturbed me the most of these two articles was their extreme limitation; where is the critical thinking, the comparison of one scripture with the other for balance, the open questions, the THINKING?

For example,

W 8/15 "Learn, Repeat, Use"

10 Experts in the field of education know the value of timely and purposeful repetition....Some minutes after you learn a point, before it fades from memory, try to draw from within yourself what you have learned. This has been termed "graduated interval recall"...."Inculcate" means to teach by repetition....

11...This will help you to make what you learned part of your long-term memory.

Edited by - jgnat on 29 July 2002 19:51:55

• jgnat
    jgnat

Watchtower, June 15, 2002, "Follow the Royal Pattern" (a study on the importance of study)

16 During your study, avoid the approach common to many so-called Bible scholars. They focus excessively on analysing texts as if the Bible were of human origin. Some of them try to fix a distinct audience for each book or to conjure up an objective and supposed viewpoint that a human author of each book had in mind. The effect of such human reasoning may be that of relegating Bible books to mere history or viewing them as reflecting evolutionary approaches to religion. Other scholars give themselves over to word studies, like the philology of Bible literature. They get more involved in studying word origins and citing Hebrew and Greek meanings than the import of God's message. Do you think that such approaches are likely to impart deep and motivating faith? - I Thessalonians 2:13

We should avoid following what example as to Bible study?

Also, box, same page:

"In our Hands"

"If we want...a concordance of the Bible, we can find no better medium than the Internet. But if we want to read the Bible, to study it, think about it, reflect upon it, we should have it in our hands, for that is the only way of getting into our minds and our hearts."-Gertrude Himmelfarb, distinguished professor emeritus, City University, New York.

(By the way, it was from a Channel C contributor that I discovered www.e-sword.net, a free and fantastic bible study tool. E-sword enabled me to study with much greater rapidity and accuracy.)

Edited by - jgnat on 29 July 2002 19:56:7

• Bang
    Bang

So by telling everyone not to be concerned with where words come from, the wtbts are better equipped for both lying and covering up, to "keep the flock". They have the method for lying and twisting in a single word. i.e. worship=homage, jealousy=envy, envy=covet, charity=almsgiving, response-ability = assignment, humble=subservient, and so on, and on, and on.

Having people over backwards while they smile about at how informed they are, all at the same time, lying to you and themselves as they go - straight down a pit.

bang

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, and what really irritates me is that they have the audacity to say that this monotonous, pre-digested, recycled doctrine that is force-fed every week is not baby food, but the meat of the word!

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

http://www.brci.org/Attachments/Org.pdf

Here's some good info regarding this topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit