Anyone Collect Homies??

by jaccilynn 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

jaccilyn: my 15 y/o son collects homies. we get them when we go to pizza hut. he has a lot of them and is actually going to use them to make a dioramna for a future sociology project in school...

like you said:. i saw them as toys jesting about the hip-hop style that is so popular in our society today. i never looked at the toys and said, "oh look! they're latin american!" let alone latin american gangsters

i never saw them as "latin american stereotypes", and i'm half latino. i just saw them as cute and never found them offensive and still don't. my son certainly doesn't want to join a gang or think that being a gangsta is glamorous because he has these on display in his room... neither do his friends.

i have some of the ones you have, and a lot of "ho's", and a big dog and four little puppies. sometimes we take turns arranging them in different ways and stage little scenes and make up little stories about them, like this kid's in trouble because he forgot to feed the dogs, or line them all up as if they're waiting to get into the new austin powers movie, etc. Then the other person has to guess what's going on, it's pretty funny.

anyway have fun collecting homies - i do.

luv,
    ~incense

• Trixie
    Trixie

Damn the Homies!!! I hate them myself (as a Mexican person) but my mom and dad collect them like mad. My mom is white and my dad is Mexican. I think my mom views my dad as the ultimate homie. She has printed out the entire collection of Homies off the web and keeps track of which ones she has. They have them set up their living room around a low rider car. It's horrible. The when the Homies fall over they say the Homies have been victims of a driveby.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit