Another crying question!

by libra_spirit 12 Replies latest jw friends

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

Do you laugh more often or cry more often?

joannadandy's question kind of brought out the idea that both crying and laughing seem to bring out a release of emotions. A really funny joke can make us laugh so hard that we end up crying. I know that for me there is this choice somewhere at my heart center where for a moment it can go either way.............sound kind of strange but there it is......both will provide a release although I must say I do enjoy a good laugh.

Lately I have been doing more laughing then crying, especially with all the humor that has been going around over on the EX-JW Support Board. But I am truly curious how many out there may be crying more then laughing to get the same emotional release.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

lately i weep a little because of something personal. you try not to but it just builds up like a gathering storm and then finally you allow it to come at night when you lay your head on your pillow, and then it's good 'cause like rain it washes everything away; it's almost purifying. i see crying as releasing unhappiness, and laughing as filling yourself up - with joy.

but i laugh more often than i cry. definitely.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I'm with I&P. I do cry occasionally over things that make me unhappy, but I definitely laugh much more than I cry.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Contrary to my thread I laugh all the damn time. I always have a dumbass smirk on my face, and laugh way to easily about the silliest little things. I also laugh too loud...but whaddyagonna do?

• noidea
    noidea

I definitely laugh more then I cry..maybe it's the company I keep Overall, nothing beats great sex to get rid of the penned up emotion! ****Noi****

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Laughter does it for me.....or hugging a horse. Nothing is better than soft velvety nose kisses from a horse to help you forget your troubles.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Red:

You're touchingly strange, you know.

Expatbrit

• seven006
    seven006

Dave,

It all has to do with ones state of mind and their ability to understand it and then control it. Did you read what I suggested?

Remember, it is easy to be a holy man when you live on the top of a mountain.

The Other Dave

PS: Just mess'n with ya!

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh...

one of my mottos is that you should smile/laugh to make everyone wonder what you are up to. Seems to work for me.

• Helen
    Helen

I am a positive person most of the times I laugh, but a good cry never hirt the soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit