How can I make them leave me alone?

by 67mustang 25 Replies latest jw friends

• 67mustang
    67mustang

Does anybody know the best way to get JW's off my back. I live in a small community and I can't just yell at them. I am getting rather angry and it may come to that however. I stopped meetings in 97 and last year went to a couple and still didn't believe, so i stopped and now they're on an all out assult. They knock and ring the doorbell for 10-20 minutes at a time, it's insane. Today I'm considering a restraining order, but I need to keep my cool. I feel like a prisoner in my own home. These people are really freaking me out!

• Celia
    Celia

They ring your door bell for 10 to 20 minutes at a time ?

This is harrassment ! Just open the door and tell them you don't have the time or any interest in what they have to say ! Wow ! that would make my blood boil too !

• blondie
    blondie

10 to 20 minutes of constant bell ringing. Can't be any witnesses I know. They ring once and hope no one is home and quickly leave.

Are these family members who are JWs? Elders? Just JWs going door-to-door?

It is possible to keep your cool and place a restraining order. Since you suggest this yourself, can I assume that this is just not a random visit? Call the PO and send a registered letter confirming your request that no one call on you. Then place a restraining order and use it.

Is there anything they think you have done that might prompt this? Sounds like they are mentally unbalanced.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Put a flag on your front porch and a note under your doorbell saying: "Ring bell only if you will salute my flag."

Or: Try a note taped to the door that looks rather legal and say NO PEDLERS, AGENTS OR JW'S

Or: Next time answer the door naked, tell them you are looking for Jesus will they please come in and help you find him.......

Or: You could always just tell them to F***-OFF, let them know you are absolutely NOT INTERESTED!! Sometimes honesty is the best policy!

bc

"Life is like a ten speed bike, we all have gears we never use." Charles Schultz

• Valis
    Valis

That all depends what you want. If you have concerns about your treatment after a potential disfellowshipping, then you have a big descision to make. If none of that matters and you simply don't want anything to do with them at all and fear no personal, familial, fallout I have a couple suggestions for you. Post a sign on your door that says NO trespassing by solicitors, religious or otherwise. This gives you impetus to take matter to the authorities if they can't understand what POSTED means. Your other option is to write directly (maybe get a lawyer to do it for you cheap) to the congregation and inform them you no longer want ANYTHING to do with them and kindly ask they never come to your door again. Get it notarized as well. This gives you even more legal impetus if it comes to that. Your other option it to get a big sign that says something like Lady Lee did at the convention..pu that on the door and see how long they come around....other options include large dogs, a pentagram door knocker, a shotgun in the window by the door, electrified doorbell eheh, or a big fat nativity scene in the front yard w/Christmas lights 24/7 365..*L* Hope some of this helps.

Stop
    Watchtower
    Child Abuse
    NOW
    www.silentlambs.com

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Does anybody know the best way to get JW's off my back.

That's easy. Kindly invite them in and ask them if they would like a soft-drink. Dubs will do anything to escape the drudgery of door-to-door work! Excuse yourself and go into the kitchen. Quietly slip out the back door and sneak out of the neighborhood for five hours or so. Dubs are normally honest. They won't steal any of your stuff, and since they get to count all that time, I'd bet they'll sit in your living room for at least an hour before they figure out you ain't coming back!

Do that a couple of times. It doesn't hurt anyone and you don't need to be mean to them.

Farkel

• onacruse
    onacruse

I'm no lawyer, and regulations vary, but Oregon Revised Statutes, Chapter 933 (1999) allows for up to $1,000 fine against any person who enters property that has been posted by the landowner prohibiting that person's access.

If you post such a notice, be sure that it specifically says "Jehovah's Witnesses," because they may claim that terms like "solicitors" or "salesman" do not apply to them.

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

LOL @ Farkel

• SYN
    SYN

Answer the door naked. With a shotgun. And red high heels.

That'll get rid of them RAPIDLY, I guarantee it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Answer the door naked. With a shotgun. And red high heels.

Even better... NOT naked, but wearing the red high hills and red panties and braw.

(Hopefully you also have a very hairy chest)

Hell, lets throw in a big fat cigar too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit