NPR Broadcast on JW Pedophile Issue 7/20

by Seeker4 13 Replies latest social current

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Trot,

You mentioned something that I think is of extreme importance to understand: The incredible courage it takes for many to leave the Witnesses. I was baptized at 11, and did not leave until I was in my 40's. You can imagine how much of my world was wrapped up in being a JW. I had been given a huge number of privileges, and I knew if I walked away many of the people who had looked up to and admired me would now see me only with contempt. THAT's a hard one to handle at times.

One of the great JW myths is that it's the weak who leave. The reality is that it often takes the greatest courage to walk away from being a Witness. Those who do know very well, in advance, what it's going to cost them - lifelong friendships, the respect of your peers, perhaps a marriage, and possibly even your family.

Thanks to all for sharing your stories. And thanks for the welcome to the Newbies.

S4

• Satanus
    Satanus

Eirieguy posted the wrong link. He posted the link to bbc. Has anyone got the npr url?

Thanks

SS

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

ErieGuy's link is the right one. NPR stations often broadcast BBC shows, and this is one of them. The portion of the link dealing with the Witnesses starts at 2 minutes and a few seconds in and runs for about 12 minutes.

Thanks again, Erieguy.

S4

• teejay
    teejay

Seeker4 said:

I hear the NPR broadcast lying snug in my bed at 5:30 this morning
      here in Vermont. A few hours later I post about it on the Internet. A
      few minutes after that ErieGuy posts the link, and voila!, anyone on
      the board can now listen to the broadcast.
    Man! Ain't it the truth!!! The Internet is one cool thang!

Thanks Seeker4.

Thanks ErieGuy.

Keep swinging, everybody. Keep swinging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit