Anyone ever rub elbows with a Celebrity?

by RubyTuesday 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

When I was in the sixth grade in Roswell N.M. I met this girl whos father had recently died.My father had also passed away recently.We were both very shy and haveing the lose of our fathers in common we stuck together that year.We never did anything outside of school however, not sure why,she never invited me over and now I think it was because of her horrible home life.But we ate lunch together everyday and chated in a class we shared.I never saw her again until....

When I was in my 20's my cousins wife told me that my friend Demetria Guynes was......

drum roll..plz

Demi Moore

Please share simular stories

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

I dated a girl who was in a lot of TV commercials. She is also feautred in the opening of the show 'Amen'. Her name was Nikki Anderson.

Also, I am an acquaintance of Traci Wolfe-Hampton. She played Danny Glover's daughter in then Lethal Weapon movies. She has two children and she has put her career on hold in order to raise her kids. She does some modeling and some TV ads. She is a very sweet person and she looks much younger than 41 years-old. Oh, and I asked her what it was like to work with Mel Gibson and she said, "It's very easy to work...and look at...Mel Gibson"

Edited by - Mister Biggs on 19 July 2002 16:0:5

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I went to a Bush concert and after waited behind the arena for them to come on to the tour bus, Gavin Rossdale came out and signed all our autograph stuff and I even got to give him hug, and I couldn't resist, I grabbed his butt...WEEEEE!

Less famous, but some Minnesota people will know this band, I used to hang out with Tina and the B-Sides when they came to St. Cloud. A friend of mine's older sister was friends with Tina, so we always partied with them. Good times!

Another Minnesota band story. Last year Soul Asylum came back through St. Cloud to play the lovely Red Carpet. I was outside in the parking lot behind the club when Dave Pirner came outside and asked to borrow a smoke from my friend. He was a very nice guy and chatted with us while they all smoked.

Edited by - joannadandy on 19 July 2002 16:15:35

• Valis
    Valis

Met Ertha Kit at Dallas Theater Center, still sexy for an old lady and she can still purr too....eat your heart out Fred..*L*

Met Terry Gilliam when he recieved the Ernie Kovacks Lifetime Achievement Award at Dallas Theater Center, very nice man and got to see some of his earliest animations...

Met George C. Scott when he was in Dallas for the one man play Clarence Darrow. I worked as a doorman at the hotel he stayed in...very nice man, but temper temper..*L*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Valis just jogged my memory!

I met Larry Linville (from M.A.S.H.) when I worked at a hotel (front desk). He was on his way to get married to a friend of Oprah's (some news anchor in Chicago). Sadly, he died a few years later.

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I once had dinner with Bobby Hedges (Epstein on Welcome Back Kotter). I also dined with George Miller, who directed all of the Mad Max movies as well as Lorenzo's Oil and The Witches of Eastwick.

I have met Bill Mahr and Olympia Dukkas (sp), and have had cocktails a number of times with George Benson who was a regular at a place I also frequented in Englewood, New Jersey.

I also used John Travolta's towels. Long story there.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

What do you consider "rubbing elbows"?

• Almost There
    Almost There

I was shopping at Neiman Marcus looking for my husband's favorite cologne. I heard a familiar voice, I looked up and it was Roseanne Barr. I said you are Roseanne Barr and she laughed and said no - I'm Roseanne Arnold and put her finger to mouth (whisper jester). Don't tell anyone, I want to shop quietly.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Well, as a child a girl lived down the street from me and we use to play all the time, she was about 3 years ahead of me in high school. She went on to be the tampax girl, progressed to play on the WB show popular, now plays on That 80's show and is mostly known as Melissa Etheridge's much younger girlfriend...her name is Tammi Lynn Micheals.

Also in 6th grade I met Axl Rose of Guns N Roses. I use to baby sit for one of his friends children.

I have met Katie Douglas, she is a player of the Orlando Miracle. </P>

>I think that is all:)

• Stealth
    Stealth

Charles Manson and I used to hang out alot. He had this God complex. It was so cool how he could make everyone think he was God and how he could manipulate people into thinking anything he said was true and get them to do anything he wanted because they thought he was god.

I saw through him right away, but we hung out and had a few drinks.

If he was a JW he would have made a good GB member.

-S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit