Feb Kingdom Ministry 2015: Irate Householders - why so angry?

by Trailer Park Pioneer 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

Feb Kingdom Ministry 2015, Irate Householders, "We don't apologize for our work", "did they hear rumors about JWs"? Why so angry? Blood or Disfellowshipping?

If you want to know how sad the Kingdom Ministry has gotten try reading the KM linked below unless you prefer JW-Links where they don't have your personal info on Adobe Acrobat.  I read the KM and only quote a few sad paragraphs, you can feel their work is dying unless we get total Worldly Chaos or some terrible event creating interest otherwise they provide no value to society!

February 1 2015  Kingdom Ministry

“We’re giving this tract to everyone in the area today. It explains the practical value of the Bible. Here is your copy. [Hand the householder the tract How Do You View the Bible?] Some have wondered if the Bible contains practical advice that can help them on their job. Notice what this verse says about work. [Read Ecclesiastes 3:13.] This magazine outlines some Bible principles that can help us find joy in our work. Would you like to read it?”

How do we deal with angry householders?

Reply with mild and gracious words. (Prov.15:1) Did you wake him up or interrupt him? Although we do not apologize for our work, you could humbly apologize for calling at an inopportune timeIs he angry because of an untrue rumor that he has heard about us? If so, you might say: “I can understand why that would upset you. However, it seems that what you have heard about usis not accurate. May I explain?” Does he object to one of our beliefs, perhaps regarding disfellowshipping or blood? You could say: “I understand. Others have expressed the same concerns. May I show you from the Bible the basis for that teaching?”

If the person is highly agitated, it may be best to take your leave without trying to reply. If he asks that Jehovah’s Witnesses not visit him again, you can assure him that his wishes will be honored..."

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/kingdom-ministry/km201501/

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    No experienced or mature publisher would even attempt to disarm this conversation stopper. It is my experience that the apathy within the borg. is so high that if a conversation stopper is thrown, J dubs simply wish the householder well and leave. 
  • steve2
    steve2

"...it seems what you have heard about us is not accurate..."

With breath-taking superficiality and arrogance, the Kingdom Ministry schools JWs up on how to respond to  householders' critical comments. The instructions throw off all pretence that an intelligently informed discussion will follow.

I'm not surprised that any half intelligent Witness would rather sleep-in on a bed of guilt-tinged nails than tred the streets prepared to utter such embarrassingly facile "arguments" in defense of their increasingly dumbed-down organization.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What Steve said. Also, only the most indoctrinated dub would even dare ask what the untrue rumor is. Even then,they could never defend themselves. The best they could do would be to walk away and take another break. 

On the upside, hearing about a "rumor" may lead to TTATT.

DD

• millie210
    millie210

The two things they mention (out of so many) are  disfellowshipping  and blood?

What witness could possible defend the DF issue, standing at a door, caught off guard ?

Are they kidding?

A few could make a try at defending the blood issue (its been hammered in to the heads of older witnesses and requires a bit of background ) but there IS no support for  disfellowshipping except in Watchtower world so how could anyone use the Bible standing at someones door to defend that? 

This is subtle proof that the people writing this stuff dont actually go "door to door" 

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

The Theocratic Ministry School, back in the old days (i.e. 50's and 60's until the rush toward 1975) was built around this self-same strategy.

What this amounts to is CUSTOMER SERVICE; absorbing and softening the brunt of the objections by allowing the complainant to be "heard." Except, in this instance, no provision is made for any such complaint to be viewed as VALID! 

Notice how it is assumed in advance the foundation of any such objection will not have any basis in fact.

What all this amounts to is INDOCTRINATION.

How?

By training the Brothers and Sisters to view objections as a PROCESS instead of a two-way communication or a seeking-after-fact, conditioning takes place insidiously!

Intellectual Honesty: The willingness to be wrong when the evidence goes against your deeply-held beliefs.

The Kingdom Ministry methodology is shadow-boxing by feinting when the punch is thrown and counter-punching with a pre-determined conditioned reflex.

AUTOMATICALLY assuming error on the part of a householder short-circuits the intellectual assessments of the JW in advance.

Objections are emptied of 'content' as to 'fact.'

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I like your synopsis terry.  It describes very well the process and the reasons.

i find it noteworthy they choose those two particular examples of householder objecrions to our beliefs. I dont ever recall anybody using them on me at a door in my 25+ years as a wt salesmen. I heard plenty of others, but not those specifically, at least not that i recall or made an impression on me.  It leads me to wonder if they are, as terry described, inocculating witnesses in advance from things they see are causing many to doubt and/or leave the org.   I also like millie observation that those writing this clearly arnt at door offen, if ever.

edited to add:  it also makes me sigh inside to see them move a step back towards militant witnessisium with the 'we don't apologize for our work crap'.  

• jws
    jws

I've been out since the early 90's, but this doesn't seem unusual to me.  Seems to me we were coached for the same types of things.  As Morpheus says, I rarely recall anybody having specific issues like these.  Nobody ever said, "I want nothing to do with you because you don't accept blood transfusions".

As far as the rumor issue.  Could've sworn that's been around too.  Back then we took it as somebody's telling BS about JWs - that they're a cult, that they really worship Satan, etc - and we'll set them straight.

Haven't looked up the rest of the KM, but what you've quoted seems run-of-the-mill to me.

And it may indeed be to prep people for run-ins on things like child abuse.  But there's always been things.  Ray Franz caused a stir.  If I recall, it appeared in Newsweek that he had defected.  So there was expectation that people would be asking about that.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If only they would offer to explain what they called "not accurate. " That would give ample opportunity to reveal TTATT to them. Members will not typically tackle statements about pedophiles or scams or failed predictions.  It just hurts their brains too much.
  • baltar447
    baltar447

LOL: 

unless you prefer JW-Links where they don't have your personal info on Adobe Acrobat.

People, please lets not feed into these idiotic conspiracy theories!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit